Quantcast

Can anyone tell me what kinda snake has...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
orange, black and white stripes? Really cool looking...kinda looks like little nemo from the cartoon but as a snake...those kinda stripes...we saw one last night on our ride (and tons of deer...so cute) and I was just curious what kinda snake he was, if he was poisonous or what...he was really bright orange...pretty.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
coral snake?

i know coral snakes are venimous, but theres another one that has the stripes reversed that arent poisionous. forget its name though

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Either a Coral Snake or a milk snake. If the Yellow and red rings touch, it's poisonous! If the black and yellow touch, it's harmless.

Hey, I did learn something in boyscouts

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
How does that rhyme go?

Yellow and Red soon be dead, Black and yellow nice little fellow.

I don't think too many people die from Coral snake though.

<edit> at least i know I didnt' just make it up.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stoney98 said:
Given your location, it's a cali king.
I might guess at grey band, but the coloring is wrong (ie white stripe)
No..no grey...definitely white and brilliant orange...me and JP got right up on him and checked him out while he was crossing the fire road and he slithered UP the mtn side...like STRAIGHT up...trippy...I should whacked him over the head so I could make a swanky belt out of him. :D

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
dh girlie said:
no yella on this fella! no red either...I cannot find one online...goddamn...of all the times I have my camera taking pictures of stupid stuff like mullets and hideous clothing...stupid...from now on I will have one in my pack...he was the coolest looking snake.
Red = orange

White = yellow

Black well is black.

This pains me but Stoney's right.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
dh girlie said:
Well...my first reference was a Simpson's reference...I said I shoudla whacked him...remember the episode where Mayor Quimby declared it Whacking Day? Barry White was on???
I figured that out with your Simpson's fetish.

Have you seen the Southpark Rainforest episode with Jennifer Anniston? Cartman was wacking all the animals with a stick.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
dh girlie said:
The cat encountering the snake? My neighbor had a young boa constrictor and he brought it over and she did not like her at ALL.

Or the coin purse? :D
I was thinking the matching belt & coin purse...I don't think the cat & snake would get along so well. We used to have an outdoor cake when I was younger that liked to catch snakes and that never ended well for the snake.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
TreeSaw said:
I was thinking the matching belt & coin purse...I don't think the cat & snake would get along so well. We used to have an outdoor cake when I was younger that liked to catch snakes and that never ended well for the snake.
Zakk still catches lizards, but like her mom...she is a kind loving soul and never kills em...thankfully, there are no snakes in the burbs where I live...

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
stoney98 said:
I norcal, that's going to be your california king snake.

They come in multiple shades from rusty orange and red to black, white, grey.
Yep, that's the snake we saw last night...You know your snakes.