Quantcast

can hardtails downhill

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
ok...so every time i ride my HT up at the shore or whistler i'm breakin the law?????
that sounds like a load of bull to me.
And if all you need is a 150mm of travel then does my z150 count?

EDIT: i think my Evi with my z150 would be MUCH safer than say a 80mm rear and 80mm front combo xc bike =160mm! And much easeir to ride down a lot of the stuff at the shore.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Originally posted by HippieKai
ok...so every time i ride my HT up at the shore or whistler i'm breakin the law?????
that sounds like a load of bull to me.
And if all you need is a 150mm of travel then does my z150 count?

EDIT: i think my Evi with my z150 would be MUCH safer than say a 80mm rear and 80mm front combo xc bike =160mm! And much easeir to ride down a lot of the stuff at the shore.
Speed limit is 60, do you ever do 65? the RCMP can't be everywhere all the time.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by Lexx D
This is news to me since a guy I met last winter told me he only rides a hardtail there.
i may be falling into this but i'm going to whistler in the summer and you mean to tell me my friend won't be allowed to ride since he's on a hardtail?:confused:I guess i'll see for myself:D
No whistler for you, better cancel your flight. Sucks huh? Damn canadians and their health care.

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
I was gutted, I went to spend 9 months in Vancouver last year with my trusty Stiffee only to be confronted by this absurd law, I spent my whole stay riding street and a bit of road work with some slicks and a bit more PSI in the forks.

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Originally posted by 66
Speed limit is 60, do you ever do 65? the RCMP can't be everywhere all the time.
yeah it wouldn't stop ME from doing it just cerious why the law...especialy with the DH HT being safer IMO than a xc bike.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
i dont know why people have such a hard time wrapping their head around this particular legislation, i mean if you cant drive a 50cc scooter down the highway, why should you expect to be able to ride your hardtail anywhere you want?

If people could drive any vehicle where and when they wanted, it would be anarchy; we have driving permits and vehicle classifications for a reason ya know. Plus the dual suspension surplus tax funnels extra capital into the national insurance fund where most claims are drawn due to the typical terrain and injury circumstances. Well at least the census states as much.

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Originally posted by zedro
Plus the dual suspension surplus tax funnels extra capital into the national insurance fund where most claims are drawn due to the typical terrain and injury circumstances. Well at least the census states as much.
but i don't live in canada and therefore don't draw from the healthcare system up there so it's my own uninsured arse i'm putting at risk:D
plus like i said some HT's are more suited than a full shishy that would make the 150mm requirement and therefore safer.

not that i care either way because i'll still ride what i want and plus i'm only half canadian (not leagaly, the rest of the fam is though) so i realy can't give a say what the laws should be.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Ctfphotos
Yes, but's it's not much fun.
I disagree...I had a too much fun last time I was in BC on my HT...it all depends on your state of mind...right now I much more prefer riding my HT downhill than my dual suspension....D

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by BMXman
I disagree...I had a tom offun last time I was in BC on my HT...it all depends on your state of mind...right now I much more prefer riding my HT downhill than my dual suspension....D
Is that because you have no working dual suspension bike?

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
I heard Canadian prison is NOT something you f*ck around with. They're worse than the Turkish prisons, my friend said....

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
Originally posted by Horrendous Hack
Yes but the course have become way more advanced, just not safe on a HT anymore.
That's just dumb. I hope that was sarcasm and I just "didn't get it". Either way, "Congrats!"

I wonder how long it will take before some politician is able to outlaw lift-assissted riding because of the strain it puts on your socialized medicine system? Better hope the sport doesn't grow too much...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by bmxr
That's just dumb. I hope that was sarcasm and I just "didn't get it". Either way, "Congrats!"

I wonder how long it will take before some politician is able to outlaw lift-assissted riding because of the strain it puts on your socialized medicine system? Better hope the sport doesn't grow too much...
funny you mention that. i heard that shuttled dh runs and lifts that operate in the summer are going to be banned to all but 150mm-plus travel full suspension rigs next summer in canada. :eek: i predict a mass exodus during the summer months.

:devil:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by Toshi
funny you mention that. i heard that shuttled dh runs and lifts that operate in the summer are going to be banned to all but 150mm-plus travel full suspension rigs next summer in canada. :eek: i predict a mass exodus during the summer months.

:devil:
or mass trips to the coldwater pound me in the ass federal pen

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by DßR
I heard Canadian prison is NOT something you f*ck around with. They're worse than the Turkish prisons, my friend said....
Seriously. Right after Sarah landed that drop in the picture I posted earlier in this thread she was carted off in iron shackles by a rapid response team of Mounties and she's now making license plates in Basra for the Iraqi department of motor vehicles.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
A Møøse once bit my sister ...

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse
with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given
her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and
star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo
Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst
Nordfink".

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Did anyone here Bush's speech last week about proposing we adopt 10-86 (the anti-HT law)? I wouldn’t put it past him. Anyway. ride your HTs while you can. you never know what tomorrow holds. Nuclear war? wide spread anal SARS? reenacting prohibition? banning HTs?

ride them while you can.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Originally posted by MMike

Nordfink".
The people responsible for that post have been sacked, and any attempt at such rom foolery will be dealt with most severely.

BoyBoy

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
washington DC
Originally posted by SebringMGB
Ive heard of the RCMP putting dihydrogen-monoxide in the water bottles and hydration pacs of HT DH riders, now thats just crazy

actually it'sa mixture of hydroxide ions and H3O+. super hitech.

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ

Nordfink".
Holey sh*t this thread got good, ROLMFAO! :D

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Originally posted by Jm_
iceman
You're DANGEROUS!!

Iceman: Hell of a bird, had this baby up to mach 3 yesterday.
Pilot: You were going mach 3 on a 727?
Iceman: I was shaving with a Mach 3. When you shave with a Mach 3, you have no time to think. You think, you're dead

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You're DANGEROUS!!
Captain:I got this baby up to mach 3 yesterday..

First Officer:You were going mach 3 in a 727?

Captain:Err...I was shaving with a mach 3...and when you are shaving with a mach 3, there's no time to think! if you think you're dead!...

That's like my fav SNL sketch cause im a pilot, all last summer I'd call my coworkers up on the nextells and say "you guys are dangerous!". This worked out awesome cause we were constantly in supermarkets surrounded by people :D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by 66
Did anyone here Bush's speech last week about proposing we adopt 10-86 (the anti-HT law)? I wouldn’t put it past him. Anyway. ride your HTs while you can. you never know what tomorrow holds. Nuclear war? wide spread anal SARS? reenacting prohibition? banning HTs?

ride them while you can.
Banning of single ply toilet paper...