Quantcast

can haz new victim?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
So yesterday I sheared off the hanger on my Norco carbon whatchamacallit. I promptly needed a new bike for work before a new hanger can come in, so I located this glorious specimen:

Sorry for cell phone quality.

Full 7-speed 105 group with indexed shifters. It needs all new consumables, but all the bearings are still pretty good considering it's obviously been sitting outside for a longass time. It's cleaning up pretty nicely...should have some decent pics tonight. It weighs a ton, but I'll get over it. Debating about what to do with it once I have the Norco running again...

STEEL IS REALZ!!! Or something.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Mostly done:

It's borrowing a couple parts from my "real" road bike (post/saddle/front wheel) right now. I'm picking up a yellow Selle Italia saddle for it from a friend tomorrow. I haven't put the matching front wheel on since becoming demotivated by the tire absolutely sucking for mounting.

Two issues, though. The hoods are dead. They're...sticky. It's kind of gross. I guess from sitting out too long. New hoods in order. Second is I cannot get the pedals out (Shimano something somethings), they're seized pretty tightly. Anyone have any tips? Or just a free/cheap pair of crappy road shoes they'd like to unload for a broke bike messenger monkey?

The black spackle on pink paintjob is HAWT. I'm a big fan. I'm thinking about turning it into an SS when my other bike is finally up and running again...definitely not a fixie, I still want to use it for work. The 7-speed stuff is ultra stout, though...I dunno.

Last edited:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
My road bike is an old steel Miyata with that same 105 group as yours. I have some lowend shimano brifters for mine though.

Neat old bike.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Then he could buy some capris and grow his hair out
Ugh. Yeah. If I wanted when I was "finished" with it, I could convert it and sell it for a healthy profit. The hot pink will definitely be an epic selling point...it's so ironic.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Got the pedals off. Eggbeaters on.

Definitely not as snappy as my carbon/aluminum beast. The CrMo has a bit of a soft feel to it, but it's super comfy over bumps and crap.

Decent pictures forthcoming!