Quantcast

Can I also get one?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yeah well I hope the POS Pontiacs still come with a Warranty.

What an awesome advertisement!!! All 7mil Pontiac donated they got back already and then some.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Winfrey said the audience members were chosen because their friends or family had written about their need for a new car.
How much of a loser do you have to be where your F&F write to a freakin TV show about how you need a car. If I had a talk show I would have invited all the same people and explained work+saving=car and then explained how the undoubtedly fat audience could lose weight by "walking" or "biking".

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Westy said:
How much of a loser do you have to be where your F&F write to a freakin TV show about how you need a car. If I had a talk show I would have invited all the same people and explained work+saving=car and then explained how the undoubtedly fat audience could lose weight by "walking" or "biking".

Yes, well, Oprah is a fat enabler herself that drives housewives into thinking all kinds of crazy **** is ok. And that Dr. Phil is a nutsack too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I was recently at an amusement park. I bet the ratio of people on thoes rascal scooters for semi handicapped people was probably 1 out of 20 so it was pretty high. Not one person on the scooters was even close to in shape and would say about 75% of the people on the motorized vehicles were grossly overweight. See any correlation?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I get real mad when I see fat people park in handicap spots and they have the sticker becuase the got fat. What ****! They should have to park at the furthest away spots to burn more calories.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
every memeber here on RM should write to tell her much much we need bikes then attend the show ;)

then risking the chance of leaving with some sort of funky E-bike!! :eek:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
SkaredShtles said:
Hmmmm.... someone might want to think about watching a bit less television....... :D

-S.S.-
Yeah, uh thanks for the tip. I never really watch any kind of shows on TV, except sports but somehow Ive managed to become disgusted with these two. I guess because of their mass followings.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Well, regardless of whether one likes Oprah or her audience, it's nice to see her giving back something to some of those who put here where she is.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ian F said:
Well, regardless of whether one likes Oprah or her audience, it's nice to see her giving back something to some of those who put here where she is.
Looks to me that Oprah did not spend $.01 on this deal, it was all Pontiac.

There was little info give on the other stories, but I would say there is a good chance that the show just convinced some business to donate in exchange for the publicity.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BurlySurly said:
Yeah, uh thanks for the tip. I never really watch any kind of shows on TV, except sports but somehow Ive managed to become disgusted with these two. I guess because of their mass followings.
You should change your name to loner boner and write a book on negative affirmation. :thumb: (or in your case a thumb down smilie if there is one....)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Ian F said:

Billionaire Oprah didn't do jack Sh*t. Pontiac DONATED the cars. And proabably paid Oprah a ton of money to be the company that get's the advertising too. Phuck Oprah! Phuck her up her stupid FAT ass.

Archslater

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
Indianapolis
Ciaran said:
Billionaire Oprah didn't do jack Sh*t. Pontiac DONATED the cars. And proabably paid Oprah a ton of money to be the company that get's the advertising too. Phuck Oprah! Phuck her up her stupid FAT ass.

Yeah, she pisses me off. I guess she is always giving things away on her show. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for philanthropy, but she goes about it in a bit of an "attention whore" kind of way.... making sure everyone knows about it.

Has anyone else ever named their magazine after themselves and then put their own picture on the cover of EVERY issue. I know it is her magazine, but how about a little humility.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
TreeSaw said:
I actually know the family from Schenectady that she gave $130,000 for a house to. They are REALLY a wonderful family and I was glad to see that she helped them out!!!

yeah well....**** Oprah! :mumble:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Archslater said:
Has anyone else ever named their magazine after themselves and then put their own picture on the cover of EVERY issue. I know it is her magazine, but how about a little humility.
let's just be thankful that hugh hefner doesn't follow this strategy.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Skookum said:
2 cents? You made me pay $34.99 plus shipping and handling for my copy! :mumble:
No 12 grain bread for you!
CAn't you tell from the pic I ran out?

The tile is missing: "In this issue 99 grear reasons why 12 grain bread is good for you"

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Acadian said:
CAn't you tell from the pic I ran out?

The tile is missing: "In this issue 99 grear reasons why 12 grain bread is good for you"
Yah well i'm still pretty upset about the purchase.... i was wanting to check out all the Acadian pictures inside, but when i get the mag all the pages are stuck together and it smell kinda funny too. :confused: :mumble:
You promised me a signature on the magazine but you didn't promise you'd leave anything else of yours on it either..... :monkey: