Quantcast

Can I brag for a minute?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Saturday I spent almost two hours from home in Corryton, TN (Knoxville) watching my 8yr old play her first travel ball tournament and finish an amazing and exhausted 3rd overall. They did it one player short too, which in this league was huge. Pretty proud of my little athlete.

The more amazing thing is my 6yr old was busy winning the NC State 6U Championship game. Two very fast, talented and driven little boogers.

I just wanted to brag because not only are they fast and talented boogers, but they are the sweetest kids on the planet and tops in their classes at school too.

Proud papa post. Butch....OUT! :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i thought this would be another tale about getting over on a mexican?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Awesome article on the pluses and minuses of travel ball. http://clarkstownstars.com/Page.asp?n=4641&org=clarkstownstars.com

Softball.

Here was the format.
2 "pool" games against random opponents.
Your "runs allowed" total seed you for the tournament.
1 hour games.
Double elimination.

They lost their two pool games (the wake up call that the others team can ALL hit).
Seeded 4th in the tourney on runs allowed.
Won 1st two rounds that wound up being both the teams already played against.
Bumped into the "B" or "Losers" bracket by the 1 seed in a 1 run loss.
Lost to team they faced in round 2.

All in all, the girls went from thinking they would kill every team they faced, to learning how to play intense and fast for a full game.

1 hour format kept it interesting and not drawn out. Mercy rule is 10 run lead stops the game.