Quantcast

Can i get into canada under age?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
TheMontashu said:
I was wondering if I would get up there at 16 without perents, jest me and some friends goin to whistler?
Absolutely not.

Those Canucks are really finicky about spelling.

It looks like you're stuck doing lameass shuttling in the East bay. Happy Summer!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There's a secondary phonetic equivalency exam you can take.

Involves an additional interpretive dance and alphabet song though.....

The best part about this is that I absolutely knew I'd be able to type this response before I even opened the thread. It's just a shame justsomeguy beat me to it.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
TheMontashu said:
I was wondering if I would get up there at 16 without perents, jest me and some friends goin to whistler?
Jesus even I can spell better than that, and I SUCK with spelling. I do agree with Fraser, go ride in Copper Canyon Mexico, there will be about 0 other riders and the trails are every bit as good. Plus lodging/ food/ and beer will be cheaper.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
I'm Cannuckistanian, and the answer is (and you can hear the echo reverbing thru the Canadian Rockies...all the way down to CO) HELL NO!
Seriously tho, HELL NO!

Edit: by the way, if you can't handle the SINGLE language of the US, how in the blue blazes do you expect to handle 2 in Cannuckistan? BTW, Canadian english is more English than US english (aka Americanese).

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
narlus said:
hey transcend, were you in the slopfest @ bromont's opening day yesterday?
Hell naw. we finished up breakfeast at a local restaurant here in Montreal and said **** that. We went to home depot and then came back to my place.

I am, however, off to bromont in about 10 mins. :rofl: Sunny and c c c c c cold today.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i enjoyed the crap out of the day, except changing out of my nasty grime-laden clothes in the cold rain. deciding to bring my trusty long-sleeve polypro undershirt was a savior.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
you'll need a notarized letter signed by BOTH your parents giving you permission to leave the country. A passport or other legitimate ID ( DL and birth certificate) will also be needed.

gg

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Funny that you all understood what Montashu said, but all you could do was criticize his spelling and not offer anything useful.:rolleyes:

Current Requirements for Entry Into Canada

Visas are not required for U.S. citizens entering Canada from the U.S. You will, however, need:

1. Proof of your U.S. citizenship such as your U.S. passport (For information on obtaining a U.S. passport, check with one of the regional passport agencies located throughout the U.S.) or certified copy of your birth certificate issued by the city, county or state in the U.S. where you were born. If you are a naturalized U.S. citizen and do not have a passport, you should travel with your naturalization certificate. A driver’s license, voter’s registration card or Social Security card is NOT valid proof of citizenship.

2. Photo identification, such as a current, valid driver’s license.

All U.S. citizens entering Canada from a third country must have a valid passport.

Alien permanent residents of the U.S. must present their Alien Registration Card, commonly called a “Green Card.”

If you are a dual U.S./Canadian citizen you should always present yourself as a Canadian citizen when entering Canada. However, U.S. citizens should use their U.S. passports when entering or leaving the United States.

Due to international concern over child abduction, single parents, grandparents, or guardians traveling with children often need proof of custody or notarized letters from the other parent authorizing travel. (This is in addition to proof of citizenship as explained above.) Any person under the age of 18 and traveling alone should carry a letter from his/her parent or guardian authorizing the trip. Travelers without such documentation may experience delays at the port of entry.

For further information, including information on student or business travel, visitors can contact the Embassy of Canada at 501 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 682-1740, see their Internet home page at http://www.canadianembassy.org or contact the nearest Canadian consulate. (A list of Canadian consulates is at the end of this brochure.)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I googled "entry into Canada" and all of the first 5 had about the same info you were given by Wumpus. Not sure how you would do reserach, but asking the same question on google would have gotten you results as well. Not to mention google will spell check for you.

J

JRB

jimmydean said:
I googled "entry into Canada" and all of the first 5 had about the same info you were given by Wumpus. Not sure how you would do reserach, but asking the same question on google would have gotten you results as well. Not to mention google will spell check for you.
Google would have never understood him. Who are you kidding???

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
TheMontashu said:
I searched for the Canadian border patrol, as well as the Canadian embasy on google and yahoo, I found nothing on the first 20 or so hits.
ummm...If you're planning on talking to the 'border patrol' before getting into Canada instead of 'customs', then I'm guessing you either won't be getting into Canada at all or your bung hole will be so raw you won't want to ride a bike for a while. A young white kid such as yourself will be searched from the bottom up 'til they hit the back of your teeth if you get caught by the 'border patrol'. Especially the red neck 'volunteer' ones they can't seem to get rid of up there.

TheMontashu said:
And I promise you I am way dumber on RM than in real life
That's funny....so before you asked the asshats at RM, were you not searching/googling 'in real life' or were you logged on to RM while using your search engine so it was acceptable to be dumb(your word)?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Qman said:
ummm...If you're planning on talking to the 'border patrol' before getting into Canada instead of 'customs', then I'm guessing you either won't be getting into Canada at all or your bung hole will be so raw you won't want to ride a bike for a while. A young white kid such as yourself will be searched from the bottom up 'til they hit the back of your teeth if you get caught by the 'border patrol'. Especially the red neck 'volunteer' ones they can't seem to get rid of up there.

That's funny....so before you asked the asshats at RM, were you not searching/googling 'in real life' or were you logged on to RM while using your search engine so it was acceptable to be dumb(your word)?
I am actualy on RM while I do everything so i dont need none realy world crap that **** done do me none good.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
TheMontashu said:
I am actualy on RM while I do everything so i dont need none realy world crap that **** done do me none good.
I have no response to that.