Quantcast

Can I get unbanned please?

ntlppa

Chimp
May 12, 2022
My account appltn got banned yesterday for "spam" after I posted on the Frankenbrakes thread in the downhill forum. I think maybe it happened because I included a link?

Anyway, I'd really appreciate someone taking a look at it because I don't think my posts asking for brake advice qualify as spam.

(I created this new account just to ask this question so would be happy for it to be deleted again).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
i thought there was a restriction on posting links until a new user made a certain amount of posts? or was that pictures? did that change?
It's not a restriction exactly, it's that all new users posting links and pictures get automatically placed into the approval queue, which requires mod approval before the message is made public. Unfortunately, the queue sometimes gets large enough that it's easy to overlook one legit message among dozens of spammers.

ntlppa

Chimp
May 12, 2022
i thought there was a restriction on posting links until a new user made a certain amount of posts? or was that pictures? did that change?
If it helps work out what happened, I made a post with a link and it showed up to me as "pending moderation". The next morning I was banned for spam.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's not a restriction exactly, it's that all new users posting links and pictures get automatically placed into the approval queue, which requires mod approval before the message is made public. Unfortunately, the queue sometimes gets large enough that it's easy to overlook one legit message among dozens of spammers.
got it, i couldn't remember the exact functional process.

appltn

fastest banhammer in the west
Apr 19, 2022
Thank you!

My posts seem to be gone from that thread still. It’s not a huge deal but maybe a bit weird when people are quite replying to a post that’s gone.

Is there a way to restore them or are they lost?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Thank you!

My posts seem to be gone from that thread still. It’s not a huge deal but maybe a bit weird when people are quite replying to a post that’s gone.

Is there a way to restore them or are they lost?
They're lost, unfortunately. The spam ban permanently deletes all posts, otherwise our database would be 70% spam posts :monkey:

Sorry. Post again and I'll make sure they get approved!

My account appltn got banned yesterday for "spam" after I posted on the Frankenbrakes thread in the downhill forum. I think maybe it happened because I included a link?

Anyway, I'd really appreciate someone taking a look at it because I don't think my posts asking for brake advice qualify as spam.

(I created this new account just to ask this question so would be happy for it to be deleted again).
For your and for everyone's information, it was my fuckup, for which I offer my sincere apologies.

Banned

Chimp
Aug 28, 2023
Just adding to this instead of starting anew.

Registered yesterday, banned today for "spam". I made one post in the frankenbrake thread

User name "Subversion_Garage"

Can you sort me out :banana: