Quantcast

Can I run a DB Air on my '09 SX Trail?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Probably gonna ride this bike for 1 more season. I was thinking about trying a different rear shock. Does anyone make a yoke that will work with the DB Air?

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Lizard Town
FYI- there were some vivid air on sale, in the correct length and stroke for dirt cheap- I think $125. Sandwich started a thread on it a few weeks ago.

Sam Hill ran a vivid coil on his sx trail at seaotter a few years back, so there's either A.) yokes from specialized, or B.) a mod that will work, or C.) it bolts right up.

I almost went for it, but sold my sx trail. Kicked myself though, because my lastest RC4 rebuild would have paid for the vivid air :(

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Lizard Town
PS- be careful with the '09 fit- they redesigned the toptube in '10 to allow a bigger resivor for the RC4 (and to run the resi above the shock), I don't know how big a DB or Vivid resivor is in comparison to a stock 2009 dhx 5.0

Last edited:

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Lizard Town
i agree. seeing as how it would be impossible to make one any other way...
A machined yoke is probably going to be tricky because of the balance of clearance and strength needed. I wouldn't replace a part that is forged with a machined part in this case, but sure, you're right, I'm wrong. Nice work.