Quantcast

Can I write off my bike as a business expense?

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Rode it to work today :rofl:

I wondered how they would take me showing up on a bike. I shouldn't have worried, everybody loves this thing

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Those links don't seem to work. But I'm sure this had something to do with the extracycle in some way shape or form.

OK the pictures are up now, and I must say I'm disapointed, I was thinking you would be riding that thing to a weding gig wearing a suit. With one cuff rolled up of course.

Also are you small or is that guy big?

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
It's a smaller bike, but the dude was big. Also the fisheye distorts it a bit. I also lowered the seat way down so it was easy for him to get on/off.. No plans on taking it to a wedding quite yet...

Splat. 250 lbs I believe is the max.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
splat said:
Derek , How much weight can that thing hold ?

cool shots
In case it isn't obvous already, I really like this thing.
Picked up some goods this am at Home Depot.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
BAH said:
No plans on taking it to a wedding quite yet...
Well them make some plans! It can't be a big gig, as a lighting kit may be hard to fit on the xtracycle, but I'm guesing you could fit it in a pinch. But by the looks of it a more compact kit, in a backback should be no problem.:)

By the way I've been reading your bike blog latley and it's pretty entertaining. It also makes me want an xtracycle. One day it will be mine!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
There should be some kind of tax break for people who consistently ride their bicycles to work. Not sure how you'd prove that or anything, but it's an idea. :)

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Are you guys able to write off your mileage getting you to work? Here we can only write off mileage from one job to another or mileage during work. The commute to and from work does not count.

And I'd be all for some kind of tax break for riding my bike to work. How do we get legislation started on this?

Nice extracycle, BAH.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
I Are Baboon said:
BAH's wife? Simmer down, cowboy.
haha yes please :)

Stosh if you could kill those links I'd appreciate. Sara doesn't like her photo in the forums..

The last 3 photos are my wife, the girl and guy in the photo I first posted I was doing engagement photos for.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
maxyedor said:
Well them make some plans! It can't be a big gig, as a lighting kit may be hard to fit on the xtracycle, but I'm guesing you could fit it in a pinch. But by the looks of it a more compact kit, in a backback should be no problem.:)

By the way I've been reading your bike blog latley and it's pretty entertaining. It also makes me want an xtracycle. One day it will be mine!
I actually could fit everything on there, especially once I order the wide loaders. Most of my gigs are in Seattle though which is about 70 miles north. I'd have to leave pretty early for that :) I have started to pick up weddings down here though. It's not completely out of the realm of possibility....

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I suspect if you can claim it as your sole source of transportation, you might be able to write off a percentage. You're in one of those crunchy western states so you probably stand a better chance of getting a break. Call your townhall maybe??

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I have a buddy who is a pro dirtbike racer. He writes EVERYTHING off because racing is his "business" so to speak. Truck, trailer, tires, gas, new bikes, all of it.