Quantcast

Can someone explain "The Hills"

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Those girls are not particularily attractive, and considering their spoiled princess act is sickening, I am not sure why anyone would want to watch this show...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I googled it, what do you expect, its an mtv reality show. All mtv does anymore is promote lifestyles of the rich and underaged. never seen 'sweet sixteen' 'laguna beach' or '8th and ocean' aren't some of those girls from 'the hills'from laguna beach. everyone under the age of 20 now wants to be rich rich rich without work work work.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
laura said:
everyone wants to be rich rich rich without work work work.
It's an age old problem, not unique to our time, or place. Besides, isn't getting the most return on your investment the name of the game? ;)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Ciaran said:
It's an age old problem, not unique to our time, or place. Besides, isn't getting the most return on your investment the name of the game? ;)

yeah unless your investment is sitting around watching rich people on tv and wishing you were rich like them.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stoney98 said:
<snip>
Just another spoiled little f'in rich girl, so publicized that American youth think that is how life is, henceforth undermining what it is that made America - Hard work, determination, etc, and replacing it with laziness, materialism, and apathy.
Hogwash! Laziness has *always* been around. :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ive watched sweet 16 a few times, and I swear to god it has killed any urge I may have had to ever have children someday. Those little pieces of **** are worthless, rude and ungateful. I would start smoking just so I could put cigarettes out on their arms if they were mine.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stoney98 said:
It's a continuation of Laguna Beach. In the form of a solo spinoff following the biggest drama queen. Don't worry, she'll have a coke meltdown soon enough and we'll hear about it for weeks ala Paris Hilton.
Just another spoiled little f'in rich girl, so publicized that American youth think that is how life is, henceforth undermining what it is that made America - Hard work, determination, etc, and replacing it with laziness, materialism, and apathy.
And the blame for all of these ills?

TV. :p

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
BurlyShirley said:
Ive watched sweet 16 a few times, and I swear to god it has killed any urge I may have had to ever have children someday. Those little pieces of **** are worthless, rude and ungateful. I would start smoking just so I could put cigarettes out on their arms if they were mine.

What they need is to trade places with the kids i've been working with this summer for a year. seeing someone drop 75 grand on a party makes me sick when i am working with kids that wear the same shirt all week because they don't have a clean one, or money for the laundromat or detergent.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I realized, I asked this question too early. I should have waited until 3pm for our teenage monkeys to answer...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jdschall said:
Can somebody explain the "big Hucking Chicken"?

http://www.huckinchicken.com/home.php
What's to explain?

I almost made a thread when I first saw that commercial. The bucking chicken one was great, too. Just a couple of bizarre, entertaining commercials.

BK's whole commercial campaign is based on disturbing the viewer. I mean, look at "The King" - talk about a weird, disturbing image.

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
laura said:
What they need is to trade places with the kids i've been working with this summer for a year. seeing someone drop 75 grand on a party makes me sick when i am working with kids that wear the same shirt all week because they don't have a clean one, or money for the laundromat or detergent.
Don't watch TV and I am pretty certain you won't see anyone dropping 75k on a party. Simple really.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
So what you all are saying is that I am in the wrong business. I wonder what the best way to exploit rich teenage girls is.. :think:

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
I sat through about 5 minutes of Sweet 16 once and I thought it was effing hilarious. So whiny, so bratty, lol. I'd love to see them deal with the "real" world, i.e. only get a birthday cake and ice cream, if that for there b-day.

Have any of you watched the Hulk Hogan show? That is good tv! :rolleyes:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
fubar5 said:
I sat through about 5 minutes of Sweet 16 once and I thought it was effing hilarious. So whiny, so bratty, lol. I'd love to see them deal with the "real" world, i.e. only get a birthday cake and ice cream, if that for there b-day.

Have any of you watched the Hulk Hogan show? That is good tv! :rolleyes:
Maybe they should have a show where they DO have to get jobs, and live without their fortune, and tease country boys at the carwash etc... I know, they could drive around in a pink pickup. Genius.

That would be a hit. Someone should make it happen..

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
Da Peach said:
Maybe they should have a show where they DO have to get jobs, and live without their fortune, and tease country boys at the carwash etc... I know, they could drive around in a pink pickup. Genius.

I think there was a show were parents kicked their kids out..

But yeah I'm with you, that would be an entertaining show. I'd love to see one of them work at McDonalds or something, and have to deal with a really bitchy customer. :bomb: :bomb:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Da Peach said:

I think that show was called "the Dukes of Hazzard"...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
fubar5 said:
I think there was a show were parents kicked their kids out..

But yeah I'm with you, that would be an entertaining show. I'd love to see one of them work at McDonalds or something, and have to deal with a really bitchy customer. :bomb: :bomb:

you must not be a reality tv fan either.