Quantcast

Can someone please explain...

Darkreaper

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Away in the head
What benefits Motion Control brings to a fork? I'm torn between Argyle 302s and 318s for my new fork and just don't know if the 318s are worth the extra cash - does the better model just give more on-the-fly adjustability or what?

I'm not fussed with being able to tweak it when I;m out, the thing gets ridden to uni or down steps and off relatively small drops so I don't need amazing small bump performance etc, and I doubt the lockout would come in useful very much (yeah it's SS but the small benefit as I'm honking isn't worth much to a broke student)

Cheers for any help y'all can give :)

Pebble

Monkey
Dec 6, 2006
Nannup
I've got the Tora 318 (came stock on the Trance) and from my understanding it's just a damping system. It's my first good fork (only other was Judy TT) so I don't know much tech about it, and couldn't compare it to other damping systems or forks.
Serviced it once - just clean & new oil for the lot but that's about it I can tell you it takes 5wt oil and a certain quantity - get it wrong & that affects performance (but then the manual will tell you that anyway). It works without the poploc as I don't have mine on there at the moment, although a leg mounted lockout would have been better than a remote control in my opinion.
I saw some detailed info somewhere (maybe mtbr.com forums) but can't remember now, a shame as it's probably the info you're after.