Quantcast

Can we change the name.......

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
valve bouncer said:
Apart from N8, DT is probably the least respectful frother on this forum. The list of people he despises is as long as your arm and can be basically summed as "anyone who's not like me". He comes on stirs sh*t, gets made to look stupid, pisses off for a month then comes back with more moaning. Boring and pathetic.
Geez vb, tell us what you really think :D

I do have this to say about DT though: He does stick around and respond. Lumping him in with N8 isn't fair for that reason alone.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Silver said:
Geez vb, tell us what you really think :D

I do have this to say about DT though: He does stick around and respond. Lumping him in with N8 isn't fair for that reason alone.
For a while, until he gets exposed then he's nowhere to be found for a month until he's back with another moan. His favourite tactic is to complain about the meaness of spirit of some people completely ignoring the fact that he's the chief offender in that department. This holier than thou attitude he effects is so bogus. I'm not fooled. But yeah bad form comparing anyone to N8- he's a whole other league of stupid.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
valve bouncer said:
Apart from N8, DT is probably the least respectful frother on this forum. The list of people he despises is as long as your arm and can be basically summed as "anyone who's not like me". He comes on stirs sh*t, gets made to look stupid, pisses off for a month then comes back with more moaning. Boring and pathetic.
I'll thank you not to assume to know what I think of anyone. I respect peoples opinions and their right to have them even if I might vehemently disagree with them.

As for disapearing for a month....had you taken time to ask Id have told you that my career requires business travel during which I have little time for this sort of thing. The last trip was 2.5 months.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
valve bouncer said:
For a while, until he gets exposed then he's nowhere to be found for a month until he's back with another moan. His favourite tactic is to complain about the meaness of spirit of some people completely ignoring the fact that he's the chief offender in that department. This holier than thou attitude he effects is so bogus. I'm not fooled. But yeah bad form comparing anyone to N8- he's a whole other league of stupid.
You aren't fooled......because you know me right? Again, don't assume, you know the rest.

As for the N8 comment....thanks for strengthening my point about this groups failure to respect other peoples values and beliefs. While I think that N8 often intentionaly makes comments with no purpose other than to tick people off I dont think the man is stupid. Lonely perhaps ;)
I may have told someone they are misguided, misinformed or have been misled but I don't recall calling anyone here stupid.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Damn True said:
I'll thank you not to assume to know what I think of anyone. I respect peoples opinions and their right to have them even if I might vehemently disagree with them.

As for disapearing for a month....had you taken time to ask Id have told you that my career requires business travel during which I have little time for this sort of thing. The last trip was 2.5 months.
I'd have to say that I don't feel you respect me or my views, oddly enough that perception deos not engender a geat deal of respect for you from me.

I respect people's right to belief in their particular religion (amongst other things), so long as they respect my right not to believe the same. Sadly some people see their mission as being to force their beliefs on others.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Damn True said:

Bollocks, you have more contempt for a wider range of people on this board than any of the frothers. It's convenient how your business trips seem to occur whenever you get chased into a corner. :rolleyes:

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Jr_Bullit said:
:) so...what if God's original design had "sin" included in it? He did after all create Lucifer as well...
While I disagree with your assertions, from a Biblical point if view - if your interested in this subject I would suggest the book: The Fingerprints of God: Tracking the Divine Suspect Through a History of Images by Robert Fararr Capon.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
valve bouncer said:
Bollocks, you have more contempt for a wider range of people on this board than any of the frothers. It's convenient how your business trips seem to occur whenever you get chased into a corner. :rolleyes:
Thinking that you are wrong does not mean I don't respect your opinion. Again, don't pretend to know what I think of anyone.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Main Entry: con·tempt
Pronunciation: k&n-'tem(p)t
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin contemptus, from contemnere
1 a : the act of despising : the state of mind of one who despises : DISDAIN

I can't think of anyone whom I feel this way about VB, not even you.
:heart:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i wonder if this same thinly-veiled contempt is held for brian welch?...or dave pheonix of linkin park?

i bet the beastie boys get a pass for being buddhist-like.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
$tinkle said:
i wonder if this same thinly-veiled contempt is held for brian welch?...or dave pheonix of linkin park?

i bet the beastie boys get a pass for being buddhist-like.
I fear for people who exchange drug addiction for religious fervour. It is as though they need something external to support them. They often become the most rabid of religious frothers.

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Come on guys, This was just posted so we could all bash eacother, just like everyother time this comes up... Keep your **** to yourselves.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Andyman_1970 said:
While I disagree with your assertions, from a Biblical point if view - if your interested in this subject I would suggest the book: The Fingerprints of God: Tracking the Divine Suspect Through a History of Images by Robert Fararr Capon.
Aww man - I had to go and see this AFter I make my amazon order for the month...:( okay - adding it to next month's wish list..

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Damn True said:
You can't for a second at least view it as the lesser of two evils?
I can. What I fear is that they are so passionate that they could lose the faith as quickly as they gained it; it is almost fad-like. More reflective and thoughtful Christians seem more likely to retain their faith through thick and thin.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
fluff said:
I can. What I fear is that they are so passionate that they could lose the faith as quickly as they gained it; it is almost fad-like. More reflective and thoughtful Christians seem more likely to retain their faith through thick and thin.
Well if it's a temporary crutch that gets them off of drugs it beats staying on 'em.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Damn True said:
Well if it's a temporary crutch that gets them off of drugs it beats staying on 'em.
That's a fair point. Some people do seem to lurch from one crutch to another, but as crutches go it's not a bad one. Better than joining the Republican Party though...;)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Damn True said:
Main Entry: con·tempt
Pronunciation: k&n-'tem(p)t
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin contemptus, from contemnere
1 a : the act of despising : the state of mind of one who despises : DISDAIN

I can't think of anyone whom I feel this way about VB, not even you.
:heart:
Don't try sucking up to me now, I'M RAGING.....since Shirley's been gone I've felt strangely empty........... :dead:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I gotta say - the Poli forum has been strangely entertaining this week...

We need more reactionaries like true to hang out here I think.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
BuddhaRoadkill said:
I'm still not seeing how this is not an attack. Why do I need salvation?
If I don't see things your way, I am doomed to eternal damnation ... gee, that's so loving and tolerant.

I'm still chewing on what Andyman said about original sin but I'm not having much luck getting over this salvation issue. It seems pretty cut and dry. If I don't accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, I will be punished. True or False? If I'm not pondscum, then why do I need salvation? For that matter, what is salvation anyway?

[Thanks for the insight Andyman, I'm not trying to be an ass - honest ;) ]
I think the salvation as attack part is fairly rhetorical ... I'm bad, need saving, yada yada. [If I'm wrong, please correct]

BUT ... Not having any real depth of knowledge about Christianity, I'm curious as to what salvation actual is and why it is needed. From what I understand, you can be a blood thirsty, axe murdering, child molesting, old lady robbing, thug daddyliscious ... but if at that very moment before death ... you honestly accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, you get some kind of nifty door prize. But that's just heresy, or here say, or something like that. I'm also curious as to when the "salvation" idea first appeared on the scene. Was Jesus actually running around saving people? Or did it show up 1200 years later? The historical is always interesting.

On the flipside. I'm wondering what happens to really cool people who live by their heart and conscience ... but don't do this Jesus as Savior thing? Do they get skewered and hung in the forest ... or does big man see the obvious - good person, tried hard, pass go, collect $200.

I guess this is a long winded way of wondering what the whole point of salvation is. [as well as the literal/historical question]

Again, not trying to be ass .. just honest ignant foolio questions.
:thumb:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Id actually prefer the bashing to continue. If this place gets all PC where you cant offend anyone it'd be too gay to even visit.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ridemonkey said:
I thought it was and you don't?
Its not too bad off. I got kicked out of the bikeforums PD board for starting a "taunt the hippies" thread when Bush won. I like this place alright.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
BuddhaRoadkill said:
I think the salvation as attack part is fairly rhetorical ... I'm bad, need saving, yada yada. [If I'm wrong, please correct]

BUT ... Not having any real depth of knowledge about Christianity, I'm curious as to what salvation actual is and why it is needed. From what I understand, you can be a blood thirsty, axe murdering, child molesting, old lady robbing, thug daddyliscious ... but if at that very moment before death ... you honestly accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, you get some kind of nifty door prize. But that's just heresy, or here say, or something like that. I'm also curious as to when the "salvation" idea first appeared on the scene. Was Jesus actually running around saving people? Or did it show up 1200 years later? The historical is always interesting.

On the flipside. I'm wondering what happens to really cool people who live by their heart and conscience ... but don't do this Jesus as Savior thing? Do they get skewered and hung in the forest ... or does big man see the obvious - good person, tried hard, pass go, collect $200.

I guess this is a long winded way of wondering what the whole point of salvation is. [as well as the literal/historical question]

Again, not trying to be ass .. just honest ignant foolio questions.
:thumb:
If you're genuinely curious about the claims of Jesus and are not looking for a debate I'd be more than happy to start a discourse with you on this - feel free to PM me.