Quantcast

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
You're buying into the divisive rhetoric that started under Bush and it serves only one purpose, to alienate and outrage people over relatively insignificant issues.

Now log off and go ride your bike, damit.
actually...i'd say it started around that pesky little revolutionary war time frame and has been an issue ever since. but don't worry jack, not everyone is cut out for standing up for something they believe in.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
actually...i'd say it started around that pesky little revolutionary war time frame and has been an issue ever since.
Um,...no. Fighting for one's independence and regurgitating platitudes are not the same thing.

but don't worry jack, not everyone is cut out for standing up for something they believe in.
What does standing up mean anyway ? Does it mean arming ones self with as many weapons as possible and ready to throw down at the drop of a hat ? Or does it mean exercising your freedom of speech to express your opinion in a civil manner ?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
i'm starting to think that they may be on to something.

why are we worrying about the kid flying the flag and not the thugs threatening him for flying the flag? that's like putting cat litter on an oil stain in your garage instead of fixing the oil leak on your car.

Not quite as dumb as bltching about an entire state with millions of people over the actions of like.......three of them.

I guess it's pretty easy to do from your vantage point in south carolina though where certainly anything involving a quad, a first cousin and a pig carcass never happened.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm curious to know what happens, considering I live in a Latino part of town.

Mostly, I got to think the principal is second rate. Instead dealing with tensions in the school, he has to ban a flag.

I think about my nephew's principal, who is a dude from WNY who specializes in Bilingual education and is fluent in Spanish even though he looks whiter than Manimal.

My nephew is attending a Spanish-immersion school so I doubt there would be much hate being thrown around.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I vote "yes". Please cut CA out of the union.

While your at it, please divide CA north and south. Draw the horizontal line just below Monterey.

Also, please destroy Oklahoma. That state is a sh1thole.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not quite as dumb as bltching about an entire state with millions of people over the actions of like.......three of them.

I guess it's pretty easy to do from your vantage point in south carolina though where certainly anything involving a quad, a first cousin and a pig carcass never happened.
don't forget the ghost parties. they never have those.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
This whole 'with or against' mantra is bullcocky! I was born a USA citizen, but it wasn't up to me. I was born into it. I'll live awhile and then die, having lived a life regardless of where it happened. I have a feeling that it goes the same for every single person on the planet. Who's responsibility is it to tell Mexican kids to deny their heritage? For ****s sake, they can be proud of their ancestors and their heritage, no matter where they go or end up or attend school. No sweat off my back. In fact I'm going to embrace it. You know why? Because the food is fantastic. I'm also going to respect the authority of the USA. It is what surrounds us, takes money out of my pay check, keeps the roads paved, but most importantly, it is what keeps the fear alive! Oh noes! the mexicans are taking over with their Korans and legalized cannabis!!

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
If you don't like the usa just go away.
$10 says my ancestors were here before your ancestors. Unfortunately, that still only gives me the exact same ability to decide the future of this country as it does you, and it's called the vote. If you don't like the way this country is going, either vote to change it or leave. Racist, xenophobic comments don't belong in this country, and CERTAINLY don't belong here.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Silver, do you have a vote? If not, your opinion does not matter. Sorry if you disagree, but welcome to every society in which you must be a citizen to vote (most of them).

You might call 1800's racism, and pre-1960's Southern poll blocking, but we are no longer preventing American citizens from voting. I would hope that we have socially evolved to some extent to that regard.

Given that you are an alien (ie not a naturalized immigrant) your opinion, because you do not vote, is of no value. The same goes for illegal aliens. If they wanted their opinion to matter, they should have come into this country legally. Service in the armed forces is credit to naturalize, which I have no complaints against (although it is very Romanic reminiscent).

That being said, you do cut your allegiances to your prior country by becoming a citizen in this country. If you can not deal with that, go home, to where you feel your heritage outweighs your allegiances to this country. I mean that across all means and walks of Americans, be they Latin, African, European, or Asian. You are an American first and foremost, and your allegiances should demonstrate that thoroughly.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Given that you are an alien (ie not a naturalized immigrant) your opinion, because you do not vote, is of no value.
So you having had a mom that got knocked up and dropped you on this particular chunk of dirt makes your opinion more valid?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
When I was going to school in Denver in the mid 80s I chose to live in a primarily Hispanic neighborhood. Cheap rent was the initial attraction but after I few months a grew to appreciate my neighbors for who they where - honest, hard working families who knew how to party and wanted to share everything with everyone. These families lived where no one else wanted to and did jobs no one else wanted to do... after getting to know them I can see how waving an American flag in their face would be disrespectful.

I am by no means a liberal but it is my opinion that Mexican immigration, legal or otherwise, has been a net positive for the nation.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So you having had a mom that got knocked up and dropped you on this particular chunk of dirt makes your opinion more valid?
Would you expect if you relocated to someplace, like Russia, where as non-citizen, you do not expect to have any feed back into govt. What about China or Japan? Again places where you do not have the rights of a citizen, as you are not a citizen.
What makes you think that by residing in this country gives you the rights that a citizen has? You weren't born here, too bad. Call me lucky for being born here, but use the same logic to describe the children of illegal immigrants who are born here. Do I feel that they are entitled to the rights of a citizen? No, but they get them, as that is how our constitution is written.
The fact that you were not born here, is not our (as a country) problem. I do not expect the rights of a citizen where you are from, so why should expect it here? If you want to denounce your citizenship to wherever it is that you are from, to become a citizen, I respect that. But remember, you are now an American citizen, not a whereever-American.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus

almost as dumb as not knowing the difference between north and south carolina and the overused generalization that everyone in the southeast is a mouth breathing redneck.

i observed more "redneck" activities while living in east county san diego than i ever have here in the southeast (sand rails/quads/rebel flags..etc). i grew up in the melting pot of Orlando, FL (and i speak fluent spanish thanks to the spanish language immersion in the form of teenage employment ;) ) and made it my purpose to make fun of as many rednecks as i could on a daily basis...but then i moved to NORTH carolina and i was able to distinguish between rednecks and country folk (both of which are a lot less common than your retarded generalization suggest). there is a HUGE difference that i don't expect you left coast pretty boys to understand. just because i believe that the flying of the American flag should be protected at all costs makes me an inbred redneck? screw you and your high horse..if you had the nuts or sense of duty to YOUR country to serve it you'd have a much higher respect for that "5x5 piece of cloth".
have you ever wondered why the WWII veterans are called "the greatest generation"? one reason is because no one in that generation, you know, the one that ended the holocaust, could even fathom having a conversation like this. i guess they were all dumb rednecks too...or maybe they just weren't as enlightened as you? oh well..maybe you should ask them what that flag means to them...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
gurgle gurgle
That's awesome man! It's like you have a button. "Push for pissed off freedom loving™ canned response that I learned on the teevee"

I thought you lived in SC. Guess I was wrong. South Carolina doesn't have pisgah or tsali so I'd say you made the right choice. I know this because I know the difference between the two states. Because one of them is where I spent almost every weekend driving to from Georgia Tech.

I grew up in Jacksonville. I moved out west to get away from all the bestiality going on in orlando. I'm glad you think I'm pretty though. Because I am. And since I don't look like a goat I know that attractiveness won't tempt you.

What's entertaining is in your frothing is that you seem to think I said something about the american flag being a 'just a piece of cloth'........which I never did. But you still base your entire assumptions on a population on the actions of a few.

Do you see what I just did there? Probably not. I'd be happy if you did though (hint: I don't really think you fvck goats). But I'll just go ahead and spell it out: You're not the only one who likes their country and the actions of a few don't dictate the philosophies of all. But you are one of the ones out there who believes that if someone doesn't think the exact same way as you, they have no place in it. All the while ranting and raving about freedom with no sense of irony whatsoever.

Seriously man. Calm the fvck down and let people live their lives. Because every year you sound more and more like some lunatic who's going to flip out and start killing people based on their beliefs. That's not what this place is about. And yes a (quite!) pretty california boy (who's a few years your elder boy!) just told you that.

In the meantime cut the "I'm more american than you" bullshlt. The fact that you would even think something like that proves that you are not.

Last edited:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
almost as dumb as not knowing the difference between north and south carolina
In the context of this thread, the biggest difference between the two that I can see is that North Carolina only sucks a $1.08 out of the country for every dollar they put in, while South Carolina hoovers a whopping $1.36. California is kindly donating all of that extra money to both of those states and then some, only asking for a measly $0.78 back for each dollar we put in (which given our size, is a lot more dollars than both other states combined). Since I know you're adamantly opposed to redistribution of wealth, it makes sense that you would want to cut out California as a way to starve this system of subsidizing your state. I deeply appreciate that you no longer want to keep taking my money and putting it into your pocket. Thanks.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
In the context of this thread, the biggest difference between the two that I can see is that North Carolina only sucks a $1.08 out of the country for every dollar they put in, while South Carolina hoovers a whopping $1.36. California is kindly donating all of that extra money to both of those states and then some, only asking for a measly $0.78 back for each dollar we put in (which given our size, is a lot more dollars than both other states combined). Since I know you're adamantly opposed to redistribution of wealth, it makes sense that you would want to cut out California as a way to starve this system of subsidizing your state. I deeply appreciate that you no longer want to keep taking my money and putting it into your pocket. Thanks.
You might want to give him a link to that report.

He's not going to understand what you just typed.

Yeah, someone with the name "FlyinPolack" would never be caught identifying with his ethnic origins.
He probably flies dumb.

Get it? huh huh

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
A couple of things:

I have never been south of Monterey.

I rode my bike along the Northern California once. I know as much about LA as anyone who watches TV.

I have never been to Modesto, which the Denair School District is located.

Despite living in the same state as Cody Alicea, I really have no idea what his school life is like, just like I have no idea about Manimal's school district.

Now I could babble on about how I hate Mexicans, Carolinans, or Californians. But I don't.

Every area has its issues. We have a lot of minorities in our neck of the woods, particularly Latinos.

I think the Principal screwed up, which is apparently the case because he reversed his decision.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Oh, by the way Manimal, San Francisco banned Happy Meals.

Please let us know how that makes you feel.