Quantcast

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
i'm referring to the "no place for a hyphenated american" quote in that, to be a citizen, you must choose allegiance to one nation. you can celebrate and display your pride in your heritage but if you identify yourself as anything but american you are not getting the big picture of this thing we call unity and solidarity. unless, of course, we've already passed the point of national sovereignty and stepped over the line into the "one world" view where national sovereignty is relinquished into the hands of the global community....if that's the case...we're screwed and you won't be hearing much from me anymore.

or perhaps even Silver's foreign pansy arse has forgotten the oath of citizenship so soon? :
what horse****.......

Here's a fun fact: That whole "renouncing your previous citizenship thing? Canada doesn't recognize that. As in, if I had applied for my US citizenship (which i could have....having married an american and all), I would have taken the silly oath....but then I could turn around and renew my canadian passport. Canada interprets the renunciation as having been done under duress, therefore making it null and void.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
almost as dumb as not knowing the difference between north and south carolina and the overused generalization that everyone in the southeast is a mouth breathing redneck.

i observed more "redneck" activities while living in east county san diego than i ever have here in the southeast (sand rails/quads/rebel flags..etc). i grew up in the melting pot of Orlando, FL (and i speak fluent spanish thanks to the spanish language immersion in the form of teenage employment ;) ) and made it my purpose to make fun of as many rednecks as i could on a daily basis...but then i moved to NORTH carolina and i was able to distinguish between rednecks and country folk (both of which are a lot less common than your retarded generalization suggest). there is a HUGE difference that i don't expect you left coast pretty boys to understand. just because i believe that the flying of the American flag should be protected at all costs makes me an inbred redneck? screw you and your high horse..if you had the nuts or sense of duty to YOUR country to serve it you'd have a much higher respect for that "5x5 piece of cloth".
have you ever wondered why the WWII veterans are called "the greatest generation"? one reason is because no one in that generation, you know, the one that ended the holocaust, could even fathom having a conversation like this. i guess they were all dumb rednecks too...or maybe they just weren't as enlightened as you? oh well..maybe you should ask them what that flag means to them...
No offense, but the more you keep up the chest-thumping "America, love it or leave it" BS, the more that difference you spoke of sounds like the difference between a dark black turtleneck and a slightly darker black turtleneck.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

lol @ manimal being mad at kidwoo for making generalizations about a state over the actions of a few individuals in a thread started by manimal because he was mad and making generalizations about an entire state over the actions at a few individuals :rofl:

have you ever wondered why the WWII veterans are called "the greatest generation"? one reason is because no one in that generation, you know, the one that ended the holocaust, could even fathom having a conversation like this.
but they could fathom putting up signs that said "whites only" :rolleyes:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The sad thing for me is the kids who are living through this. I'd say these 'racial tension' scenes can go two ways, at least. Either the tension is relieved and the kids learn about other races, maybe lose some of the -learned- hate or the conflict is only reinforced.

A pwssy-assed banning and then re-neging doesn't do ****, for anything.

Man I am thirsty. I've been craving this spirited beverage called Four Loko. Too bad the State just banned it for the next 4 months! Those kids who passed out at CWU were making mixed drinks with the Loko and vodka. They took an entire region off the wonderful elixir for the stupidity of a dozen kids.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
North Carolina: Tobacco Is A Vegetable

2000 Federal Census for North Carolina

Last name: ________________

First name: (Check appropriate box)
(_) Billy-Bob
(_) Billy-Joe
(_) Billy-Ray
(_) Billy-Sue
(_) Billy-Mae
(_) Billy-Jack

What does everyone call you?
(_) Booger
(_) Bubba
(_) Junior
(_) Sissy
(_) Other___________________

Sex:
____ M
_____ F
_____ Not sure

Shoe Size:
____ Left
____ Right

(_) Farmer
(_) Mechanic
(_) Hair Dresser
(_) Unemployed
(_) Dirty Politician
(_) Preacher

Spouse's Name:_________________________
2nd Spouse's Name:_____________________
3rd Spouse's Name:_____________________
Lover's Name:__________________________

Relationship with spouse: (Check appropriate box)
(_) Sister
(_) Brother
(_) Aunt
(_) Uncle
(_) Cousin
(_) Mother
(_) Father
(_) Son
(_) Daughter
(_) Pet

Number of children living in household: _____
Number of children living in shed: ______
Number that are yours: ______

Mother's Name: _______________________
(If not sure, leave blank)
Father's Name: _______________________
(If not sure, leave blank)

Education: 1 2 3 4
(Circle highest grade completed)

Do you
(_) own or
(_) rent your mobile home? (Check appropriate box)

Total number of vehicles you own: ___
Number of vehicles that still crank: ___
Number of vehicles in front yard: ___
Number of vehicles in back yard: ___
Number of vehicles on cement blocks: ___

Firearms you own and where you keep them:
____ truck
____ bedroom
____ bathroom
____ kitchen
____ shed

Model and year of your pickup: 196___

Do you have a gun rack?
(_) Yes
(_) No; If no, please explain:

Newspapers/magazines you subscribe to:
(_) The National Enquirer
(_) The Globe
(_) TV Guide
(_) Soap Opera Digest
(_) Rifle and Shotgun

Number of times you've seen a UFO:_____
Number of times in the last 5 years you've seen Elvis:_____
Number of times you've seen Elvis in a UFO:_____

How often do you bathe:
(_) Weekly
(_) Monthly
(_) Not Applicable

Color of eyes:
Left______
Right_____

Color of hair:
(_) Blond
(_) Black
(_) Red
(_) Brown
(_) White
(_) Clairol

Color of teeth:
(_) Yellow
(_) Brownish-Yellow
(_) Brown
(_) Black
(_) N/A

Brand of chewing tobacco you prefer:
(_)Red-Man

How far is your home from a paved road?
(_) 1 mile
(_) 2 miles
(_) just a whoop-and-a-holler
(_) road?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Is it ok for a southerner to fly the stars and bars since they should be proud of their heritage and where they came from?

It doesn't strike you guys as odd that a kid living in the US is told that he can't fly the US flag? That just seems odd to me.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Is it ok for a southerner to fly the stars and bars since they should be proud of their heritage and where they came from?

It doesn't strike you guys as odd that a kid living in the US is told that he can't fly the US flag? That just seems odd to me.
Of course it's ok. They actually have the damn thing up in SC. I see it all the time on pickup trucks down here. It makes you look like a inbred redneck...which is another complaint that is frequent among the manimal set. "You think we're stupid! You don't respecter us intellectuality!"

And yes, it's odd. Stupid actually. Of course, manimal doesn't care about that. He just wanted to get his rant on. We did this thread sixish months ago.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3448702

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
well...i guess the enlightened have spoken and i'm just a dumb redneck transplant :rolleyes: fine by me...if what you're preaching is where the new america is heading then i suppose i'd rather be identified with these bassakwards people here in the southeast and hold on to my antiquated beliefs of duty to God, Country, Family ...you know..Boy Scout stuff.

(how long before Silver makes a molestation comment about the Boy Scouts so he can continue to talk out his emotional scars from his childhood molestation by his priest?)

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
(how long before Silver makes a molestation comment about the Boy Scouts so he can continue to talk out his emotional scars from his childhood molestation by his priest?)
I grew up protestant, we don't have priests.

I should note that kiddy fiddling isn't exclusive to Catholic clergy. Might want to keep an eye on your youth pastor.

Now, go make another gay joke. They are hilarious, donut boy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
well...i guess the enlightened have spoken and i'm just a dumb redneck transplant :rolleyes: fine by me...if what you're preaching is where the new america is heading then i suppose i'd rather be identified with these bassakwards people here in the southeast and hold on to my antiquated beliefs of duty to God, Country, Family ...you know..Boy Scout stuff.
flip side of the coin here...

say they did nothing. let the kid fly his flag, things got out of hand one day, kid winds up beaten up (or worse) from doing so. There would be outrage from parents over "oh why wasn't something done" yadda yadda yadda. Where do you draw the line?

Now manimal, imagine if it were you and your kid in this situation. At what point would your paternal instincts override your patriotic instincts? Would you put your kid at risk of physical harm just to prove a point about exercising your rights?

Please don't interpret this as me trying to troll you, or accuse you of putting your kid at risk, or assuming that your kid is the kind of person to antagonize others in this kind of situation, or assume that he can't stand up for himself, or any other silly crap. Just trying to get you to look at things from a different perspective.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
unless, of course, we've already passed the point of national sovereignty and stepped over the line into the "one world" view where national sovereignty is relinquished into the hands of the global community....
if what you're preaching is where the new america is heading then i suppose i'd rather be identified with these bassakwards people here in the southeast and hold on to my antiquated beliefs of duty to God, Country, Family ...you know..Boy Scout stuff.
Ok Glenn Beck, calm down before you start getting all teary.

I think I can safely say that there are few people here who agree with what the school did. I can also guess that most of the negative comments you are getting are because of all the "with us or against us" BS.

Any independent, freedom loving American should be upset by your crap. Who is this "us" that we all have to be part of? It's this kind of thinking that breeds racism, intolerance and hate. If you had been able to say "what the school did was stupid" without all the other spewing, I bet most people here would agree with you and we could have had a civil conversation. Instead we have this.

Last edited:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Now manimal, imagine if it were you and your kid in this situation. At what point would your paternal instincts override your patriotic instincts? Would you put your kid at risk of physical harm just to prove a point about exercising your rights?
That can never happen with a TRUE patriot like manimal. Country before everything.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville

say they did nothing. let the kid fly his flag, things got out of hand one day, kid winds up beaten up (or worse) from doing so. There would be outrage from parents over "oh why wasn't something done" yadda yadda yadda. Where do you draw the line?

Please don't interpret this as me trying to troll you, or accuse you of putting your kid at risk, or assuming that your kid is the kind of person to antagonize others in this kind of situation, or assume that he can't stand up for himself, or any other silly crap. Just trying to get you to look at things from a different perspective.
It boggles my mind that we would be having a discussion about a kid catching a beat down (potentially) flying the US flag while residing in the US.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It boggles my mind that we would be having a discussion about a kid catching a beat down (potentially) flying the US flag while residing in the US.
I agree that its ridiculous. The thought of it boggles my mind too and makes me facepalm. But ignoring the problem won't make it go away.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
This is what you sound like

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Does the FSM count?
Hallelujah brother!!!

Ok Glenn Beck, calm down before you start getting all teary.

I think I can safely say that there are few people here who agree with what the school did. I can also guess that most of the negative comments you are getting are because of all the "with us or against us" BS.

Any independent, freedom loving American should be upset by your crap. Who is this "us" that we all have to be part of? It's this kind of thinking that breeds racism, intolerance and hate. If you had been able to say "what the school did was stupid" without all the other spewing, I bet most people here would agree with you and we could have had a civil conversation. Instead we have this.
:stupid:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Anyone thought of why there would be tension from flying the flag? Maybe the latino kids identify an American flag-flying kid as a bigoted piece of sh1t because there are so many flag-flying bigoted pieces of sh1t in this country. Maybe.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Anyone thought of why there would be tension from flying the flag? Maybe the latino kids identify an American flag-flying kid as a bigoted piece of sh1t because there are so many flag-flying bigoted pieces of sh1t in this country. Maybe.
But as americans, it's their right to be bigoted pieces of sh1t.......

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002

no troll interpreted....

i'm pretty sure that it would be handled much differently down here in that the kids making the threats would be dealt with immediately and swiftly. it's no different than anti-bullying laws and should be dealt with accordingly. would i tell my son to not fly the flag out of fear of him being injured? hell no..what kind of message would i be sending to my son? "son...if you're proud of our country there is no problem with displaying your pride...unless someone challenges you, then back down and don't talk about it anymore"

i'll go a step further and ask the follow-up question that someone else inevitably will because of a misconstrued link to racism: what if it was a hispanic kid flying a mexican flag on his bike? should he/she have to put it away? no, the same rule applies...if he was being threatened/bullied for displaying the flag of his homeland it should be the bullies who are punished and not the kid w/ the flag. race is not the issue, the issue is that a school administrator's first response to a possible incident was to, in essence, hide the american flag instead of dealing with the real problem.

so my "for us or against us" comment is too hardcore? well...you can't serve two masters when it comes to issues like this. you either believe in the sovereignty of this country, and it's symbol, or you don't.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
I can tell you from personal experience, Manimal is not a redneck. A bit confused, yes, but not the inbred knuckle dragger some of y'all are making him out to be.
thanks for the personal reference ;)

confused? not so much.... from a completely different world view and life-experience than most here..most definitely. (i'm not denigrating anyone's life experience/education/world view, just stating the fact that mine is very different than most in this forum)