Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
We have a thing in NZ that would be totally awesome to apply to those two.
"Vexatious litigant" where you get banned from EVER bringing another lawsuit against anyone for anything.
It's the judiciary's last resort for unreasonable arseholes.
Because if someone does their time, they should be punished forever? That's a scary law.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We have a thing in NZ that would be totally awesome to apply to those two.
"Vexatious litigant" where you get banned from EVER bringing another lawsuit against anyone for anything.
It's the judiciary's last resort for unreasonable arseholes.
worth noting also, they are not the plaintiffs, but the defendants.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My comment was in reference to their history of suing people over things like the birthday card his father gave him (yes he sued his dad over a birthday card!), or people using the common land in front of their house.
i can't believe you looked into those assclowns more than i did.

here's a little diddy.... about karen and ken.......

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Have you seen all the new wilderness designations colorado gets? Yay! fuck the mountainbikers, somebody in boston saw a pretty picture in an email.
I've said this here before, and I know it's unpopular, but I personally believe that mountain bikes have no place in either Wilderness Areas or National Parks Trails.

That said, horses should be kept out as well. If one group is allowed, so should the other.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've said this here before, and I know it's unpopular, but I personally believe that mountain bikes have no place in either Wilderness Areas or National Parks Trails.

That said, horses should be kept out as well. If one group is allowed, so should the other.
That's fine. I don't particularly think that bikes need to be on every trail everywhere either. But the wilderness thing has gotten a little nuts.

But stop expanding wilderness eliminating bike trails. Those plots didn't change just because the us gov't said "viola, now it's wilderness' It was just as nice last year. Except now you can't ride a bike there. Wilderness expansion in 2020 has become an industry.

Keep in mind that I live in a state with mountains just as high as CO but you can't legally ride a bicycle here anywhere above 10.5k elevation in the entire mountain range, except right off the top of mammoth mountain's bike park. There's one shitty road to a weather station in the white mountain range on the border with NV but that's kind of miserable.

I'm not asking for everything. Just stop banning most going forward. A W designation doesn't magically make these areas any different. Just more exclusive. All the really wild, untouched shit already got designated years ago. We good. We got lots of that. You can keep an area just as preserved allowing one single bike legal trail through millions of acres of combined wilderness.

The Wilderness expansion component of the outdoors act already failed multiple times as a stand alone. (you probably know that living there)

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
'round here, with the exception of maybe the two most accessible/easiest trails, there are more "illegal" bikers in the wilderness study area than hikers. we do a helluva a lot more to maintain the trails too. there's also one ranger for the entire eastern half of this particular district of pisgah. i'll keep riding where i please, i think.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
And I've said this here before, I don't want to ride my bike in Wilderness areas either, but up here we have a bunch of epic biking trails that are in WSA (Wilderness study areas) that have been ridden historically for 20+ years without destroying them for consideration of the BIG W.

While the recent WSA inventory / forest service revision seems to have spared the epic rides in the Lionhead / Henry's Mountains near the ID homestead (for now) the Wilder-nuts will sue the shit out of that plan and try to shut it down...

According to the FS recommendations the Henry's will continue to be managed as a backcountry area which is like wilderness-lite (i.e. bikes okay)

TLDR: WSA =/= Wilderness and our current fights (up here) are with WSAs.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Tangentially related and thread-topic-relevant

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Tangentially related and thread-topic-relevant

Introspection and acknowledgement that the past wasn't perfect? That certainly doesn't sound #MAGA.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The article fails to mention if the gun was loaded.
True but the gun would still be technically inoperable given the reversed firing pin. That may or may not change intent, depending on the laws there.

IMO these people are douchebags, even if legally within the castle doctrine of MO.

If the evidence tampering actually occurred, same goes for the prosecutors.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was always taught to never point a gun at something I wasn't planning on shooting.

A neighborhood kid pointed his Nerf gun at my dog when I walked by earlier in the week. I wanted to yank it out if his hand and tell him not to point toy guns at people he wasn't playing with.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I was always taught to never point a gun at something I wasn't planning on shooting.

A neighborhood kid pointed his Nerf gun at my dog when I walked by earlier in the week. I wanted to yank it out if his hand and tell him not to point toy guns at people he wasn't playing with.
Not only that, look at the pictures of her, she's standing around with her finger on the trigger all the time. Anyone who knows the first thing about firearms (sadly, that doesn't necessary correspond with ownership) knows you don't put your finger on the trigger unless you are going to immediately pull the trigger.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
really fucking stupid.
Seems to be this couples milieu, no?

Edit:. Lest we forget, Mr. Karen Supreme was also out of doors, waving his pew-pew in the wind. So did the Mrs. knowingly step out with an inoperable gun, was she knowingly given a gun she didn't know was inoperable, or did neither of these fine people know the gun was inoperable? One assumes the long gun was functional since no shitty lawyer is trying to get the Mr. off on the same technicality No matter the case, it's a strong case for them to not have access to firearms. Ever.

Last edited: