Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I generally refuse to fly for any trip that would be under 12 hours of driving. That 2 hour flight takes at least 7 hours door to door with a solid possibility of taking 2-3 times that amount.
10+ years ago when I lived in the NE and used to travel a lot for work I had a 5 1/2hour driving radius before I'd succumb to having to fly. Even without COVID concerns, that might be closer to your 12 hour radius now...

kidwoo

Celebrating No-Pants Day
Aug 25, 2003
In my pants
The conversations amongst producers must have been hilarious.

"Uh guys we're filming a movie about slavery in a state that wants slavery back. *sigh* Dammit! Pull the trucks out I guess. "

jonKranked

Press Button, Receive Stupid
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The conversations amongst producers must have been hilarious.

"Uh guys we're filming a movie about slavery in a state that wants slavery back. *sigh* Dammit! Pull the trucks out I guess. "
the irony is certainly not lost on me.

note: production had not yet started on the movie.

kidwoo

Celebrating No-Pants Day
Aug 25, 2003
In my pants
the irony is certainly not lost on me.

note: production had not yet started on the movie.
The cynical (realistic) part of me is very well aware that they were happy to take production there because of specific film industry tax evasion policies GA has had in place for years....and only decided to pull out once some other industries started making noise.

Yeah they were all for avoiding civil responsibility when it was going to benefit them in secret. But with a title like "emancipation" you really can't lurk in the shadows in GA right now :rofl:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Our Essential Air System is so out of control. We basically subsidize airlines and all the resulting jobs. Places that are 2 hours or less from major hubs by multiple roads have EAS. I can understand if say it's EMS helicopters, but regional jets and all that stuff in places where it's easier to drive to the freaking hubs. Of course every congress district with EAS will fight to preserve it forever for "jerbs"...