Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
We are not out of the woods, this was a special election to fill Don Young's seat, who passed away and should not have been serving in the first place at that age. This was 51 to 49 too once the 2nd and 3rd choice votes were harvested.

We have to do this again in November for the general election, they will run again, along with anyone else that made it to the primary.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
And one of the funny things is all the Rubes up in arms over our new Ranked Choice voting.

The idiots don't even understand it. The point is that to get elected here, you need more than 50% of the vote. So if your candidate doesn't win that outright, it gives you a HIGHER chance of meeting that, by harvesting votes for 2nd and 3rd choices. But math is hard.

I did write in Santa Claus as my 3rd choice: https://www.santaclausforalaska.com/
You guys get ranked choice voting?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not entirely sure why the " :rofl: " emoticon... the background of the song and indeed the video itself is pretty damn sad.
I guess the idea that a bunch of folks do it every year is funny to me. Not saying it's right, I'm clearly going to hell.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Hello darkness my old friend*:

* Related: I have a "friend" (cough cough) who was just in the land of milk and honey (California) and attending a post wedding fete.

"They" were offered chocolate shrooms by more than one party attendee, and the micro dose titration of boomers was just perfect.

1-2 squares = light buzz, giggly
3 squares = light visuals etc.

YES please!!!

Game changer for "us" olds who have been out of the game...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator