Quantcast

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
orther than galactic, at least you reached such a new level of shit that I don't recognize those names anymore
You've done a better job at staying out of the mess than me. Dispatch and O.A.R. had dedicated followings back in the 90's/early 2000s if my memory is correct.

I tried to throw in a Big kidWu joke but figured it would go everyones heads. They're a Minnesota band that has local legend status.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You've done a better job at staying out of the mess than me. Dispatch and O.A.R. had dedicated followings back in the 90's/early 2000s if my memory is correct.

I tried to throw in a Big kidWu joke but figured it would go everyones heads. They're a Minnesota band that has local legend status.
I hated every last bit of that shit.

But living in a college town every dork in the world at some point asked me "bro, you into widespread panic? No? You must be into phish then"

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
In my late teens/early 20s we went to lots of shows. I went to a Phish weekend at the Gorge once. During that show I witnessed such stupidity that I never wanted to associate with those burned out and entitled trustafarians again.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It wasn't really ever about the music...
then the other reason.....which you discovered was also dumb as fuck

"bro it's all about the scene, the drugs, the family, the ______ "

I consumed massive amounts of drugs in the age bracket that paid for those shows, maintained a massively awesome community around some of it, and never once did any of that shit seem appealing. Not the music, not the dancing, not the fucked up genuinely stupid 20 year old trust funders explaining to me the equivalent of alex jones level shit about how tHe gOvErNmEnT really operates....gah

And yes "I went to some phish shows" is the equivalent of "I went to a few westboro baptist church sermons" to me :D

horrible horrible people, all around, which any outsider with any dignity should be able to adequately judge from the outside as the trash it is

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I tried to be into Phish. I bought a cd and tried to listen to it. It was fucking terrible and I just shake my head at that time in my life. I was there for the veggie burritos.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

:banana:
I saw this spun on Newsmax. Holy shit. You have no idea how they are trying to lure your kids to Satan with cookies and refreshments. They even showed pictures of Satan so you could be sure.

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Live music is coo n'all, but I'd really rather be doing something outside and hopefully exploratory, especially if it requires traveling. Me and a buddy got a ride to Red Rocks in 93 or 94 with some deadhead friends that were going to the show. Some good days climbing and it rained so we hit Charleston too. Climbed around Tahoe for a weekend after getting a ride with buds going to some jam band shitaqua. For some reason I just never needed to see it as I was infatuated with climbing/mtb n'shit. Of course I did a couple walls with a loud cassette player and it was nice having the tunes when I was feeling extra alive and the tunes created calmness. I have to admit, I saw the dead at shoreline in 93 or 94 and thoroughly enjoyed myself a little bit after I put that little piece of paper on my tongue. People come here to pay 100s of dollars to see shows at some shitheads amphitheater on the outskirts of town. TETO