Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
there is a god

Who the fuck volunteers to work for free for the highest budgeted police force in the nation?

an LAPD volunteer who was hurt while trying to get away from the swarm and received "dozens of bee stings."

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
1: yes <<<<<<< this guy would pay money to see that happen to a frat boy in a sail boat

2: Who the fuck screams 'yes yes yes' watching that happen to a seal? That's psychotic
1. What are the odds it's happened before? Seems plausible. Maybe not a frat boy but some sort of humanoid

2. Tourists

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
it cost less than toshi's ebike but I don't think they know that!!
Like campers and RVs there is a wide spectrum of boat owners. The rich dumbasses who buy them new at exorbitant prices and shell out big money to pay someone to maintain. Then the maintenance costs get too high and it is sold at a significant loss to the next person who shells out a fair bit of cash to purchase and a lot of money to maintain. Then they sell it for small amounts of money to some dirtbag who will either ignore the maintenance or try to do it themselves creating a floating nightmare. My buddy picked up some POS for basically free, spent a few weeks doing a bunch of grunt work and I put int a few beer soaked weekends fixing the complex systems for him. For next to nothing he has a functional loud smelly 'yacht'. Moorage fees aren't much more than his company pays him for parking expenses in downtown Tacoma, where he parks at the marina every day. For my labor I get a lot of free beer and the occasional weekend up in the islands. I can talk him through most of the work now but after a bilge full of oil I still do all the engine and hydraulic work. Autopilots, chart plotters, fancy GPS and radar have been disconnected and largely replaced by phone apps. It is cheaper for him to cruise up to Seattle and stay on the boat for a weekend than it would be to park, let alone to get a hotel. I lived on his previous POS boat for two years when I first moved to Seattle. About half of the live-aboards in the marina were basically folks just a step up from living in an van on the side of the road somewhere. Pretty funny to see semi-functional meth heads and venture capitalists on the same side of a security gate.

1684558977045.png

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It's not *all* bad news: https://www.inman.com/2023/06/19/its-going-to-be-a-real-shock-carrie-wells-on-aspens-luxury-crackdown/

@kidwoo will be especially impressed by some of the changes - like this one:

"Wells is also currently in the midst of a sea-change in her home market, where on June 6, the Community Growth Advisory Committee submitted a report to county commissioners of significant proposed changes to land-use regulations in Pitkin County. Among them was the suggestion that the maximum size of a house in the county’s rural areas be reduced from 15,000 square feet to 8,750 square feet, and within the county’s urban growth boundary, down to 9,250 square feet."

:rofl: