Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
He always made fun of people making the claim that 'this is the most important election of your life'

I think he realized this might be one of the most important elections in the american history books if it goes sideways :rofl:
I'd also read that his relationship with Apple went south because he kept wanting to do stories about China, and Apple was like, "You cant do that because we use Chinese slave labor to make all of our shit".

"Artistic differences", if you will.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'd also read that his relationship with Apple went south because he kept wanting to do stories about China, and Apple was like, "You cant do that because we use Chinese slave labor to make all of our shit".

"Artistic differences", if you will.
well there was definitely no possible way to know that about apple ahead of time

see, apple is the good publicly traded corporation because their figure heads have glasses and turtlenecks

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
This is cool. The Iron Horse trail (Rails to Trail) which links up to the Arroyo Mocho trail and the Conta Costa Canal trail providing 70 miles of Class A Bike trail (segregated form cars) had this one street level crossing on a 6 lane Blvd. They are putting the finishing touches of the new bike bridge over the roadway. You can ride car free from Livermore to Pleasanton then up to Concord, to Moraga.
20240125_082512~2.jpg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

There's a rails to trails outside Butte Thompson Park with a bunch of historical placards which mentioned the train service over 100 years ago used regenerative braking to make energy on the downhill into Butte...

Maybe all this interest in electric vehicles will lead to cleaner trains in the long run.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
To be fair, have you guys ever BEEN to Oakland? (Not you, Eric) My kid would have been beaten up every day there, probably. Unless it’s changed?
Our family was ‘Public Schools For Everyone!’ Philosophically, (in Baltimore) but then both my brother and I got jumped a few times in a two week period. We were dorky, scrawny white kids. Went to private school until we were a bit older, but then Public schools in Westchester.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
To be fair, have you guys ever BEEN to Oakland? (Not you, Eric) My kid would have been beaten up every day there, probably. Unless it’s changed?
Our family was ‘Public Schools For Everyone!’ Philosophically, (in Baltimore) but then both my brother and I got jumped a few times in a two week period. We were dorky, scrawny white kids. Went to private school until we were a bit older, but then Public schools in Westchester.
I got mugged once or twice a week in Jr High by the gang bangers at the time I was 5'2. Dad sent me to a Dojo run by Earl Nishimoto in Venice CA. He was a pro boxer and a Army Ranger hand to hand combat instructor. He taught me how to defend myself and win. By 10th grade I was 6'1 195 pounds and I did some paybacks. Earls lessons saved my ass when I got jumped by 5 guys in East LA. Came in handy in the middle east too.

For some reason no one ever bothers me in Oakland and I'm there 3-4 times a week