Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oregon strippers lobby for better work conditions

Ideally, they want to see strip clubs comply with mandatory health and safety standards — clean stages, structurally sound poles, adequate security. But that could be a tough sell in the Legislature.
I do love me some Lucky Devil Lounge. That place is 2 blocks from Flatrock Softwares old office was. Just on the east side of the Ross Island Bridge. Divey and fun, good times.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
US to stop nuking the civilians of Iraq and Syria with DU ammo:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/pentagon-announces-u-turn-on-use-of-depleted-uranium-ammunition-in-iraq-and-syria/5434817

Previously we were breaking records we set in Japan:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-koehler/the-suffering-of-fallujah_b_663545.html

The International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health has just published an epidemiological study, "Cancer, Infant Mortality and Birth Sex-Ratio in Fallujah, Iraq 2005-2009," which has found, among much else, that Fallujah is experiencing higher rates of cancer, leukemia and infant mortality than Hiroshima and Nagasaki did in 1945.

Perhaps most eerily, the study, conducted by a team of 11 researchers this past January and February, in 711 households, found a radical shift in the ratio of female-to-male births. Under normal circumstances, the human constant is approximately 1,050 boys born for every 1,000 girls. In post-invasion Fallujah, 860 boys have been born for every 1,000 girls -- similar to a shift seen in Hiroshima after the atom bomb was dropped.
See also:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/toxic-legacy-of-us-assault-on-fallujah-worse-than-hiroshima-2034065.html

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Seattle CEO sets $70K minimum wage as US 'pay gap' widens

So how exactly is Price going to pay for these wage increases without raising prices for his customers? He will cut his own salary from $1 million down to $70,000, and dip into 75 to 80 percent of the firm's $2.2 million in profits from the previous year, according to the report.
What an interesting concept. We talked about this at Flatrock when it was discovered we all took a 30% pay cut to extend cash except for the CEO who asked us to take it. It was assumed he was also taking it until the truth came out later. You would think one could live on 70% of a $400k salary. But I've never been put in that position, either.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
did not notice that....thought of this....

That segment always bothered me when I was a kid. No way those ramps were banked enough to keep the ball on track. Especially the spiral. Something any kid with a basic matchbox car track knew well.

Sheesh, educational my ass.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That segment always bothered me when I was a kid. No way those ramps were banked enough to keep the ball on track. Especially the spiral. Something any kid with a basic matchbox car track knew well.

Sheesh, educational my ass.
when public television met acid.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
http://www.salon.com/2015/05/26/jon_stewart_has_spent_the_past_three_years_secretly_helping_veterans_break_into_the_tv_industry/

This is awesome. Director of engineering at my first job hired 50% ex-military techs and 50% fresh college grads. Military guys didn't always have the more advanced technical knowledge but they had a ton of real world experience for their age and could get stuff done. Us college braniacs were more technical but needed hands on experience. It created a very friendly and competitive work environment and the team was greater than the sum of it's parts.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sepp Blatter Resigns From FIFA With Generous Severance Bribe

Regardless of this ongoing probe, our officials are committed to accepting bribes in exchange for FIFA media and marketing rights, redirecting construction funds to personal expense accounts, and offering lavish gifts to Qatari political ministers in order to sidestep government regulations exactly as originally planned.