Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
http://koin.com/2014/10/07/man-practicing-open-carry-law-robbed-of-gun/

GRESHAM, Ore. (KOIN 6) — A man practicing his open carry right was robbed of the gun he was openly carrying.

William Coleman III was robbed of his Walter- brand P22 just after 2:00 a.m. October 4 in Gresham by a young man who asked him for it — and flashed his own weapon as persuasion.

Coleman, 21, was talking to his cousin in the 17200 block of NE Glisan St., after purchasing the handgun earlier that day, when a young man asked him for a cigarette, police said.

The man then asked about the gun, pulled a gun from his own waistband and said “”I like your gun. Give it to me.”

Coleman handed over the gun and the man fled on foot.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I'm guessing it's something akin to what I have done back when I was a young Westie (NZ Redneck).
It involves a screwdriver, a hammer and a car ignition. Hey presto, instant car key.......

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm guessing it's something akin to what I have done back when I was a young Westie (NZ Redneck).
It involves a screwdriver, a hammer and a car ignition. Hey presto, instant car key.......
:stupid:

Or use the screwdriver to pop out the lock cylinder entirely like they did to my Toyota.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
New Planet #9?
ww.nytimes.com/2016/01/21/science/space/ninth-planet-solar-system-beyond-pluto.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
We recently had a speaker come in and discuss Pluto at a Science Pub non-profit that I work for (we have science speakers come to our pub monthly and give talks while the audience enjoys a beer or two). To be a planet, one of the requirements is it must clear objects from it's orbit, in other words there can't be a bunch of massive objects in it's orbit, because those should have long-since coalesced into the planet, but if a lot of smaller objects exist, no one object is dominant enough or in the right position to make this happen, so it's just one of many many objects out there beyond (and including) Pluto that won't fall into the definition of a planet.

We do a trivia competition for drinks, here's the one I did for that month:

Anchorage Science Pub at TapRoot

1) Pluto was discovered on February 18th, 1930 by: A) Giovanni Schiaparelli B) Percival Lowell C) Johan Pluto D) Clyde Tombaugh

2) The earliest known photos of Pluto were taken in A) 1877 B) 1909 C) 1915 D) 1930

3) Pluto has this many known moons in orbit: A) None B) 1 C) 3 D) 5 E) 7

4) In 2006, Pluto was “downgraded” from a full planet to a “dwarf planet” by: A) The International Astronomical Union B) The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) C) The European Space Agency (ESA) D) Peer review in The Astrophysics Journal Quarterly E) Neil deGrasse Tyson

5) True or false? Pluto is currently the most massive of all the objects in the Kuiper belt.

6) (from last month) Which of the following planetary defining criteria does Pluto fail to meet? A) The object must be in orbit around the sun B) The object must be massive enough to be rounded by its own gravity (must be a spheroid) C) The object must spin on an axis D) The object must have cleared the neighboring objects around its orbit

7) True or false? The New Horizons spacecraft is the only spacecraft to have visited Pluto.

8) An object more massive than Pluto has been found beyond the orbit of Pluto, that object is: A) The Death Star B) Planet X C) Eris D) Triton

9) True or false? Pluto’s orbit of 248 Earth-years to complete a trip around the sun also makes it the most distant of the 9 named planets (including Pluto) from the sun during its orbit.

10) Which explains why the pressure measured downstream of a normal shock is greater than the pressure upstream? (from August trivia) A) Bernoulli’s equation B) The 2nd law of thermodynamics C) The Hugoniot equation D) The mach number

Tie Breaker #1: True or false? Kuiper Belt objects are generally composed of rock and metals.

Tie Breaker #2: True or false? Planetoid Pluto is a Kuiper Belt object and planetoid Eris is a Scattered Disc object.

Tie Breaker #3: True or false? According to current theories, Triton, a moon of Neptune, has the same origin as Pluto.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Crowdfunding your hookers and blow.

“This is going to be the worst video I’ve ever had to make,” Tereshinski said. “Ant Simulator is going to be canceled. I can’t work on Ant Simulator anymore. I recently found out my ex business partners were secretly stealing company money. They had secretly spent the overwhelming majority of both our Kickstarter money and the Ant Simulator investment money on liquor, restaurants, bars, and even strippers. This is the reason it has become exceedingly clear to me that I cannot have my career associated with these guys.”