Quantcast

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
It's pelletised and dropped from a monsoon bucket type arrangement bellow a helicopter.
All done with GPS and low altitude so the spread is accurate within a 20-30m or so spread.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It's pelletised and dropped from a monsoon bucket type arrangement bellow a helicopter.
All done with GPS and low altitude so the spread is accurate within a 20-30m or so spread.
So I assume the stoats/possums and what not are invasive? Is there not a concern that a native species might get into the pellets?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I always thought this method fraught with danger.
ie... collateral damage from non-targeted species direct ingestation, as well, what about alternate pathways into the environment, such as carrion eaters?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
The pellets are designed (sent/flavor/appearance) to be unattractive to native birds. pretty much everything else is considered to be an invasive species as there's only one native mammal a bat which is not interested in pellets.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
But chocolate doesnt knock out my shitty kid. :confused:

He's got a point, all I want to do when I'm sick is get some sleep so my body can heal, which is basically the opposite of eating chocolate.