Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm out of the loop on this one.
Somebody wanna give me a synopsis, or point me to the cliffs notes?

tanks.
Search for GME stock price.

As I read it investors shorted the stock, nerds on reddit decided to go up against them and now the price per share has gone from feck all to ~$350. So the companies that shorted the stock all lost lots if they closed their positions. Others betting on the stock have made millions. The bubble will likely soon burst back to reality and lots of people will lose money.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Search for GME stock price.

As I read it investors shorted the stock, nerds on reddit decided to go up against them and now the price per share has gone from feck all to ~$350. So the companies that shorted the stock all lost lots if they closed their positions. Others betting on the stock have made millions. The bubble will likely soon burst back to reality and lots of people will lose money.
Everything in life is turning into a video/internet game.
Zwift
Qanon
The Stock Market

next up: the weather

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Weird that some people chose to use what is essentially gambling as some sort of metric for how "the economy" is fairing. Maybe we can use Coca-Cola as a reference to how safe our water is to drink?
Water? Like in the toilet?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Gamestop bringing joy to sick kids

. “A lot of people are saying that this is somewhat like a transfer of power, but if the money’s going from here just to the other side, there’s no difference if we just are acting the same way as the people that we’re criticizing,” Kahn said. “It’s important that we don’t become men in suits ourselves, and use our money for good.”

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

I'm not sure something like this these days could be nearly as effective as most of the works project stuff. Back then they just built shit that was wanted or needed. Given current nepa processes on public land and the heavy involvement of the conservation industrial complex I could see this actually leading to a loss of access for anyone who's not a wealthy hiker.

Has some potential though.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Harsh to go in here, but given how much crap they spew out:

Typical fox. Kill the minority, spare whitey.

Lead story writer...would love to see some of those story titles last year.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

I have to imagine the Drumpf era hastens this trend, as it's clearly apparent that the most publicly outspoken Xtians (Fallwell and his set) are grifter's first and foremost...

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout