Quantcast

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So there is a Client I have that has Cerebral Palsy. The dude has an incredible attitude. When I started taking him to physical therapy he struggled to use his walker. I asked him what his goal was. He replied that he wanted to lose the walker and use hand crutches (with the forearm cups) to walk, but the doctors had told him that he would never be able to do it. I replied screw what the doctors say you can't do. Push yourself and discover what you can do. 6 months later he had a pair of hand crutches and we took them to PT for the first time. That was 6 months ago.

Today I took him to PT with the walker and the hand crutches. I came back to get him and I was about 10 minutes early and was sitting in the Van killing time when the front door opened and he and his PT came outside. He was walking on his hand crutches and she had him try going up and down the curb for the first time. He did a few tentative tries with her support then he was on his own. He did it 20 times.

At the end of his session he came out on the hand crutches came down the curb and got into the van on his own. I was so stoked for him. We high fived. I retrieved his walker and off we went. He was all smiles

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
“We question your commitment to the excruciating minutiae required to be a Monkey, Eric”
I'm a field medic. we invent shit to keep you alive long enough to load you into a life flight helo. We don't worry about neatness or little details. we fixate on major systems failures. Then we move on to the next crisis. We leave the minutiae to the surgeons and engineering types. ADD runs rampant in our jobs as it keeps the horrific stuff from overwhelming us....Whats behind us is not important

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
cheaper than my ga tech meal plan!
Just checked and the top tier meal plan at UW in Seattle is the same price for the meal plan I had in bumblefuck Clarkson 20 years ago. That was a fucking rip off, had to declare a local permanent address to be able to live off of campus and avoid getting robbed.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Just checked and the top tier meal plan at UW in Seattle is the same price for the meal plan I had in bumblefuck Clarkson 20 years ago. That was a fucking rip off, had to declare a local permanent address to be able to live off of campus and avoid getting robbed.
I just checked the six flags atlanta to see if they offered the same pass :rofl:

I could have been a hustler!

Made the damn news! :rofl:

no, seriously though, fuck capitalism

a story of desperation isn't one of inspiration

Not in this joint with billionaire funded space dicks

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just checked the six flags atlanta to see if they offered the same pass :rofl:

I could have been a hustler!

Made the damn news! :rofl:

no, seriously though, fuck capitalism
There is a well supplied free food pantry on the sidewalk 3 blocks from my house, I could totally live off of it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You should totally go down there on your mountain bike.

Few things exemplifies the passive aggressive nature of the PNW than the fact that you should just accept that your house/car or whatever will get broken into and shit stolen while it is relatively rare to have anyone actually fuck with you.