Quantcast

Can you buy a mailbox which doubles as a landmine?

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
why not just sink some steel pipe (filled with concrete if you must) on either side of the mailbox slightly higher than the mailbox parallel to the road, and paint 'em yellow. Like the things before and after the ticket machines in parking garages to keep cars from taking out the machine. That way, the mailman can still pull up to deliver, but anyone taking a horizontal swing at the mailbox zings the pipe instead. Seems easier than fortifying the whole thing...

dh girlie said:
Hmm...not sure...I know an M80 = 1/4 stick of dynamite...or so I thought...:think:
If you have ever picked up a stick of dynamite, it's evident that an M80 is nowhere near a quarter stick. Also, the active ingredient in an M80 is black powder - in dynamite, it's nitroglycerine.

Anyway, I have my mailbox rigged so it just falls off the post if disturbed by morons or plows. It suffers an occasional dent from a well-aimed beer bottle.

This is a fairly self regulated neighborhood, witness the gas stealers in the Subie and the farmer with a shotgun. The story kept the neighborhood amused for weeks. :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
There are certain chemicals that you can mix together that will violently explode upon mixing. You can rig up these chemicals in your mailbox so that if a violent impact disturbs them, they mix and.....

After the explosion you just need to blame the explosion on the culprits. The culprits will be easy enough to find. This does 2 things.... It takes care of the punk vandals, and it sends a warning to your nieghbors children and their parents that you don't phuck around....jdcamb

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
this saturday an unfamiliar car pulls into the driveway, and a kid gets out and comes to the front door. it's the kid who plowed over my mailbox. gives me his info and tells me to send him the bill.

props to either him or his parents for taking some responsibility.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
narlus said:
this saturday an unfamiliar car pulls into the driveway, and a kid gets out and comes to the front door. it's the kid who plowed over my mailbox. gives me his info and tells me to send him the bill.

props to either him or his parents for taking some responsibility.
Finally, kids learn some accountability. Now, to reinforce the lesson, you should go run over his parents mailbox with your van and then stop by later to say sorry and call things even.

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
In an unrelated story:

I met one of my good friends best buddy from highschool (good ol southern boy, grew up in Mocksville North Carolina if anyone knows where that is). Well he loved telling us stories and one of them kind of involves a situation like that. Back when they were in highschool, they all have bil ol lifted trucks, and one night they found themselves in the rich part of the neighborhood. So what do they do? They find themselves the biggest nicest house they can and just start tearing up the front yard, doing donuts and what not. Keep in mind this is around 7-8 trucks, all without exhaust im sure. So after a few minutes of mayhem one of the guys in a lifted Yota with a 350 loses control and slams right into the front porch of this huge house, and gets stuck. He starts trying to pull himself off but just keeps making it worse. I wish something cool happened at this point but im sorry to say the owner of the house came out with a shot gun and the rest of the guys took off in fear of getting blown away. I do think they bailed the guy out of jail the next day though.