Quantcast

can you find me some Scotch online?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I'm looking for something called Bells scotch.

I can't seem to find anyone in the States that sells this stuff.... :monkey:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
stinkyboy said:
Ummmmm... Google?
yea, try it and let me know what you get.

as I said above, I can't find anyone in the states that has this.... :monkey: :mumble:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Looks like Bell's was acquired by Guinness who then took over DCL to form United Distillers. Bell's is not listed as one of United's imports to the US, so you may not be able to get it in the States.

edit:
You can order it here but will have to pay tax when it comes through customs.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
you can mail order booze. look around on the 'net. plenty of places ship it to you, just not to Kentucky, Utah and some other states.

hell, you can buy anything you want over the net. two kids just died from the drugs they bought online. legal drugs....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
pnj said:
you can mail order booze. look around on the 'net. plenty of places ship it to you, just not to Kentucky, Utah and some other states.
then why did the supreme court just have the hearing about interstate shipping of wines? and why can't i order wines direct from CA vintners? it's state by state, maybe yr state allows it.

puritanical massachu$ett$ doesn't.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
narlus said:
then why did the supreme court just have the hearing about interstate shipping of wines? and why can't i order wines direct from CA vintners? it's state by state, maybe yr state allows it.

puritanical massachu$ett$ doesn't.
yea, I dunno......

I just know that when I looked for booze online and click the "buy now" button, it asks for my credit card and it sure looks like it would work if I went through with the order. the only thing I saw was the few states it mentioned they couldn't/wouldn't ship to.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
narlus said:
then why did the supreme court just have the hearing about interstate shipping of wines?
Some states only allowed wine from their own state to be shipped but no one elses. Out of state wineries sued for access and won.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
riderx said:
Some states only allowed wine from their own state to be shipped but no one elses. Out of state wineries sued for access and won.
Well, technically, the wineries didn't "win" per se. The SC basically told the states that it was unconstitutional on the basis of the commerce clause, and they better "fix" it.

That may mean allowing out of state wineries to ship to consumers. Or it may mean the state simply bans all shipments directly from producer to consumer.

Narlus - I feel for you, man. Luckily, Colorado has a reciprocal agreement with Cali. :thumb: