Quantcast

Can you freeze milk?

J

JRB

Guest
It's really hard to pour when frozen. There are no fast methods to thaw that will make it safe to keep, so I wouldn't.
 

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
2,928
1
Arkansas
buy generic milk...it's the exact same as regular milk....i would know, i work at a grocery store and we have hiland milk and harps milk...the generic version, it all comes from hiland, parts prolly even come from the same cow....and to answer your question yes you can freeze it but like Tenchiro said, jus buy less milk
 

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
252
0
You can freeze it, but I wouldn't unless you are planning on partially freezing it and using it to make milkshakes... A few frozen milk shards with ice cream and milk makes a milkshake 100 times better...
 

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
21,033
1
Denver
Soy milk lasts longer than regular milk. Plus, it tastes better and is better for you. Tho I only like regular, not the vanilla version.
 

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
564
0
nashvegas
LordOpie said:
Soy milk lasts longer than regular milk. Plus, it tastes better and is better for you. Tho I only like regular, not the vanilla version.
When did you turn into such a freaking hippie?

(edit: sorry, this is actually BurlyShirley on Kizzi's account)
 

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
21,033
1
Denver
kizzi77 said:
When did you turn into such a freaking hippie?

(edit: sorry, this is actually BurlyShirley on Kizzi's account)
are you two having sex? Does she know that you have a love of Dolphins?
 

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
19,183
1
TN
LordOpie said:
are you two having sex? Does she know that you have a love of Dolphins?
I dont think she saw that thread. I'll have to fill her in I guess.
Hey, BTW, we may be visiting my mom in CO. around June, so if you want to ride again...
 

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
21,033
1
Denver
BurlyShirley said:
I dont think she saw that thread. I'll have to fill her in I guess.
Hey, BTW, we may be visiting my mom in CO. around June, so if you want to ride again...
Not sure about riding. I've been mostly a roadie and my mtb skillz have disappeared, so you'd get bored, but let's get a beer or black tar.

Is your mom single yet? Cuz I'd sure like to hit that.
 

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
19,183
1
TN
LordOpie said:
Not sure about riding. I've been mostly a roadie and my mtb skillz have disappeared, so you'd get bored, but let's get a beer or black tar.

Is your mom single yet? Cuz I'd sure like to hit that.
Yes. I believe she's single at the moment. Just dont rob any banks like her last bf.
 

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
8,164
154
Six Shooter Junction
LordOpie said:
Soy milk lasts longer than regular milk. Plus, it tastes better and is better for you. Tho I only like regular, not the vanilla version.
Not according to the dairy producers:


How do fortified soy drinks compare to milk for calcium and other nutrients?

According to a report in the May 2000 issue of The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, calcium-fortified soy milk is not as good a source of calcium as it seems. Although a label may indicate calcium-fortified soy milk contains the same amount of calcium as a cup of cow's milk, the bioavailability is not the same. Bioavailability means how much of the nutrient is absorbed into the body.

Researchers conducted an investigation on the bioavailability of calcium-fortified soy milk and cow's milk on 16 healthy men. After an overnight fast the men drank either one serving of soy milk or cow's milk, each containing 300 mg of calcium. The results showed that the amount of calcium absorbed from the soy milk was about 25% less than that from cow's milk.
http://www.dairycouncilofca.org/globals/glob_faq_dair.htm