Quantcast

can you get your motorcycle out of my car

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
"On completion of their investigations, the Swedish Police had this vehicle & bike "cleaned out" and put it back together to show what can happen in a motorcycle accident. The Honda rider was traveling at such "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h before the bike T-boned the slow moving car at an intersection. At that speed, they estimated that the rider's reaction time, once the vehicle came into view, wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers. The bike & rider were found INSIDE the car. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place. All three involved (two in car plus rider) were killed instantly.The Swedish Police and Road safety Department placed this graphic demonstration at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license."

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
nice park!!!!! damn thats nuts...

I dont mean to make light of the situation but.....

what do you think was the last thing to go through the motorcycle riders mind ???

the dashboard!!!!! <sorry>

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Wow... I'm looking at a new streetbike next weekend, what I'm on now is too small.

You have to have some common sense when piloting one of these, or that pic happens. There's no shortage of idiots on the road, too bad he took out two innocent people.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
The Euro Shoe Box, good for the environment, bad for you.
That go-cart never stood a chance.
On Brian's SUV, he could have cleaned that up with some bug remover.

That is a horrible picture that bring backs memories. Only I hit some super old Impala tank on my streetbike. The only reason I am alive today is because I "jumped" on impact and flew into a field. I was going about 60 and hit the car as it was doing a U-turn. :mumble:
I flew 150 feet and ended up with only a badly broken leg.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Jeremy R said:
The Euro Shoe Box, good for the environment, bad for you.
That go-cart never stood a chance.
I think if it was a VW Lupo, it would have come out the other side.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Wow that is one bent RC 30. I used to race one of those a few years back. Even a stock one is fast as hell. Top speed between 170-180 mph. Looks like the car my dad hit when I was about 6 years old. Some lady pulled out in front of him from a side street. He has ridden all his life and he managed to bail off before the impact. He was in the hospital for 6 months. The driver lost her life.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
My mom and sister were involved in a fatal motorcycle crash, again, due to the recklessness of the cyclist. On a narrow, hilly two lane road, he decided to go for a morning beer run after a night of partying at Burke Lake with his girlfriend. His bike became airborne in a turn due to excessive speed and he landed in the opposing lane right as my mom & sister came around the turn in a '70 Nova. For those who are aware of what the front bumper of a '70 Nova looks like, it is easy to understand why the cyclist was thrown 50 feet and a direct quote from the officer at the scene "looked like melted sack of jello in his leathers". My mom and sister received only minor scratches, the Nova needed a new bumper and the guy's crotch rocket was obliterated.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
holy crap dude, I thought you were telling us your mom and sister were killed!

Yeah, old steel cars like the Nova are sweet!

Steel is real!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
And that's one of many reasons I won't ride a motorcycle on the street. I have seen a few bike accidents, including fatal ones here on the L.A. freeways. I lost my cousin in a motorcycle crash. It was his own fault but it does not lessen the fact that he's gone.

I love motorcycles, I really do. But the risks are too great for me.

And yeah, that's one fast bike. Way too much bike for a n00b.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
'84 suburban woulda taken care of that organ donor as well, and wouldn't have let any harm come to it's passengers.

Idiots like that guy on the bike deserve what they get, i feel really bad for the innocent victims families tho.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
zahgurim said:
Wow... I'm looking at a new streetbike next weekend, what I'm on now is too small.

You have to have some common sense when piloting one of these, or that pic happens. There's no shortage of idiots on the road, too bad he took out two innocent people.
And this isn't meant personally...but...everyone who rides a bike is a responsible, smart rider *when they talk about it*. When they're on the street, it's a fine line to being 'that guy,' especially with, say, 998-1300 ccs on tap. ('that guy' not necessarily being the former rider of the bike in the pics, but 'that guy' nonetheless. There's always 'that guy' screwing it up for both himself and the world around him...)

And 'that guy' might only become 'that guy' once in his life, briefly, before it ends the rest of it.

MD

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
stoney98 said:
I watched a guy get clipped on the 405 in LA. Thankfully, all the surprounding cars were aware enough to avoid him, but watching the limo that clipped him slide sideways down the freeway avoidung his was CRAZY. I'm sure he got thrashed though, because he rolled 2-3x then got flung upright. He was doing kangaroo steps at 30+.
I will ride a bike in the city, and just about anywhere, but not LA. People just don't see bikes there.

-ms
Yeah, I left my street bike back in Philly when I moved to SoCal 10 years ago. It's just nuts here.