Quantcast

can you name my frame?

Mongoose_01

Chimp
Oct 26, 2008
hi all
been tryin in vain to find out the name of my frame,was wondering if any of you can help me find a solution to my problem,
had the frame for 6/7 year now,wrote to a few companies inc DMR,IDENTITI also BRAND X,
DMR are the only company to confirm its not one of thiers as its aluminium,heres a full frame pic any other pic can be made by request.
thanks.

Attachments

Mongoose_01

Chimp
Oct 26, 2008
basicbiker,lol,shud hav took that sticker off b4 a took foto,thats a second frame to a fully built bike that i own,just bought it 2 weeks ago for a reasonable price,ma bike is the bees nees to me,but runs better on combat 24s:biggrin:

smacks and 1453, u guys r really the only possitive feedbacks av gotten,without the wise cracks of FUK,lol when i got my original frame it was called ARMUR PLATED,in which i got told was "a fancy piece of wording"from bike radar MBUK,but thanks i really appreciated it,have looked up norco and geometry,wields and box section do look similar,me personally there are loads of well put the gether frames now its like looking for a needle in a haystack:cheers::

and finally brungeman, what can i say,but lmao,its better than arthur:happydance:

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
its a standard no-name brand x type frame, you can get them here in the uk under many names. they dont go for more than 99pounds. everyone over here seems to order them from tiawanese catalogs and chuck their own brand name on them

Mongoose_01

Chimp
Oct 26, 2008
well thanx for your view mister mental, its ok and easy to say what it is, is there anyway you can prove that,wud be like someone saying,"here this is what its called",and back it up with a pic,logical thing to do,anyhow thanx,
BYE

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
yeah my mate has one. ill take a pic and post it if your really that bothered. tbh they go under many names, shops over here buy them and just put whatever stickers on they want and call them what they want. pick up any uk bike mag and youll see them in at least 3 different adverts under different names being sold by different companys.
any the end of the day what does it matter what its called? just call it katy or something. its just a taiwanese mass produced generic alu hardtail frame.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
When I saw it I thought it looked more like a Maurice to me. ;)

Yeah I must have heard the Steve Miller Band song somewhere or something.

"Some People Call Me Maurice!"