Quantcast

Can you read me?

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
They love the attention... and they must love cluttering up threads too... when a sig is longer than the post content, there's issues which need addressing.

BlackDiamond

Chimp
Jan 25, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Originally posted by greenreese
YEP, LOUD AND CLEAR

Whats with all the huge signatures?
You will probaly notice that our signatures refer something to Hope. Kind of something a few of us are doing; you know, to have fun.

Now I do not understand why this would bother you enough to have to create a completly new thread to ask. Hmmm maybe we should add a picture of Hope brakes...now that would be much better. :p

greenreese

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
See, I like the having fun part, but this all seemed to pop up in the last 2 or 3 days. Wasn't sure if the this place was being over-run with blind people that needed new brakes or something.

-dAn

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
I am sorry you have a small monkey.

-dAn
thats ok
he's fat and leans to one side to but at least he gets to come out and play with the kitties all the time:D

Kai-

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by BlackDiamond
blah
So cheap personal joking is a justifiable excuse to make the forums look like crap? And don't say "turn off sigs" because why should we have to ignore everyones signatures because of a minority of clowns abusing the function...

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Originally posted by Rik
They love the attention... and they must love cluttering up threads too... when a sig is longer than the post content, there's issues which need addressing.
oh boo hoo
the internet chat forum isn't perfectly suited to my liking and i want it to change, waaaa

shut up!

now keep rockin with individuality

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by BlackDiamond
Hmmm maybe we should add a picture of Hope brakes...now that would be much better. :p
Just what i was thinking. Im an artist, weve got the beautiful M6 in the background, with some DT spokes a Karpiel Dropout, some cable housing, and an XTR cassette to add to the mood of the photo :p

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by HippieKai
crap
It's posts like this that remind me why I don't post on here much. Same with when tech threads plunge into personal banter or other dribble. I'm not out to change the world, it's just a shame that I beleive RM has an unbeleivably good knowledge base and this gets watered down by alot of garbage. Almost the perfect MTB forum, but just not quite there...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm out to change the world...one boxxer owner at a time. This weekend was success in that respect. :D

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by Jm_
I'm out to change the world...one boxxer owner at a time. This weekend was success in that respect. :D
Yay! Jm's true goal in life, to exterminate Boxxers. :devil:
Hey Jm, how do you make the font about as big as yours in the sig?

Also, Rik, its not like the Dh forum is supposed to be all tech stuff, a lot of it is just people hangin out and goofing around while talking about tech stuff:p

BlackDiamond

Chimp
Jan 25, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Originally posted by Rik
It's posts like this that remind me why I don't post on here much. Same with when tech threads plunge into personal banter or other dribble. I'm not out to change the world, it's just a shame that I beleive RM has an unbeleivably good knowledge base and this gets watered down by alot of garbage. Almost the perfect MTB forum, but just not quite there...
Ok....so buh bye :rolleyes:

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Rik go to MTBR, you think theres alot of garbage on here, that place is like a huge dump. Our BS on here is really funny most of the time, theres just alot of flaming on there. If you think RM isnt good enough, check out the alternatives. If this forum was all tech talk and no dicking around it wouldnt be fun

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
When it gets to be the size 48+ pt. font in the signature, it just looks stupid and childish.

Did you not understand the joke? The joke was a large, bold statement about a brake manufacturer. Making it larger, bolder, italicized, underlined, or otherwise ledgible from the other side of the continental United States does not make it funnier. Slapping any random statement containing the word "Hopes" does not make it funny either.

What makes it funnier is a creative statement like "DRAG YOUR HEELS ON THE GROUND". Get it? Isn't that funny?? He's making a joke, see, Brian said "BUY HOPES" and he's saying don't by Hopes, instead you should... oh, nevermind. Sheesh.

:rolleyes:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You have started an army of brake promoters. :eek:

Do they all actually have the brakes they are talking about?

-dAn
No, they just wish to revel in the infinite coolness that is Brian HCM#1

:D

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I was just trying to retaliate when I saw JM's response to Brian's sig, I'm following JM. And just for the record I've been thinking my sig's been this way a little too long, I just haven't had the motivation to change it yet.

Really I don't care what brakes or fork you ride but the rhetoric gets a little tiresome, they all work marginally don't they?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Kornphlake
I'm following JM.

Really I don't care what brakes or fork you ride but the rhetoric gets a little tiresome, they all work marginally don't they?
And I was inspired by you.

Marginally? You should try some hayes.

HAHAHAHAHA GAWD DERNIT I'M SO FREAKIN FUNNY AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Kornphlake
yahooooo, I inspired somebody!!!

What ever happened to XT discs was that fad so 2003?
I've got the xtr ones on my xc bike and really like them. If I buy shimano stuff now, I'd have to get the hubs, seatpost, socks, chapstick etc to get the whole system to work together.

So yeah 2003.