Quantcast

Can you ride Duthie's BigTree line?

mwestra2

Monkey
Dec 4, 2007
If you answered "yes", then help us get it back open. :help:

Except for the regulars like Nolan & Kyle, we've had ZERO help from anyone who can actually hit BigTree... as in nobody. Join one of the upcoming work parties, throw down the bike for an hour and move some dirt, spread the word, or shoot me an email and let me know when you can come out and help (mwestra at evergreenmtb dot org). :cray:

Here are the next weekday StepItUp Re-Route / Big Tree Bridges build dates:

This weekend the main WPs are going on on Ryan's Line and the DWBz new Intermediate FR line, but if you want to move some dirt to help get BigTree open, just let us know...

Thanks,
Mike

keener1830

Chimp
Jul 20, 2008
Tukwila, WA
I went by the step up Sat around 2-230 and no one was there kinda bumed feel like I need to help throw dirt since I ride there. One day I will get to help out.

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
I went by the step up Sat around 2-230 and no one was there kinda bumed feel like I need to help throw dirt since I ride there. One day I will get to help out.
Maybe you should coordinate with the builders in advance? Just a thought.

Despite having pre-scheduled work days, I know some folks will bail if no one shows up and they're out digging by themselves. I'm not saying that's the case here, but snow on the ground and digging solo really isn't that much fun.

EB

mwestra2

Monkey
Dec 4, 2007
Sorry we missed you, Keener. I was out there working all day this past Saturday, but didn't have a work party posted (all carpentry schtuff).

Check the Evergreen calendar: http://evergreenmtb.org/recreation/calendar_view.php before you head out there to see when and where the work parties are going to be. Or give me a call on my cell: four-two-five-241-78o6. There's a lot of work going on at Duthie and Tiger in Dec!

Here's when I plan on being out at Duthie:

Sat 12/4
Sun 12/12
Mon 12/13
Tues 12/14
Thu 12/16
Fri 12/17
Sat 12/18
Tues 12/21
Wed 12/22
Thu 12/23

DWBs have a few, Skooks has a few posted. Schweeeet!

Cheers,
Mike

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Kyle and Nolan deserve major props for all they've done out there. Any hope of getting those guys to build a trail out there? Good job guys.

mwestra2

Monkey
Dec 4, 2007
Kyle and Nolan deserve major props for all they've done out there. Any hope of getting those guys to build a trail out there? Good job guys.
Here! Here! Huge thanks to Nolan and Kyle! And "yes" Nolan is going to take the lead on a new DH trail running to the left of Big Tree... designed and built by youtz (youths).

AJ from GHY is also taking the lead on a new line running between the Youtz' trail and Big Tree. It'll have a rhythm and flow similar to BigTree, but easier... for progressing up to BigTree.