Quantcast

Can you run a durace cassette?

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
ive got some friends that do and they love it. they have all had them for about a year and there in perfect condition. i would run one but i dont have that kind of money to drop on a cassette.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
you will probably end up having to run a road derailer as well depending how small the cassette is. i've been running a durace cassette (12/25) w/ ultegra derailer for over a year and its been holding up fine.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
yes u can. see my sig. im selling a casette, derailleur, chain, and shifter! all dura ace. the shifter is xtr

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You can run it with any 9 speed derailleur you want, but a short or medium cage derailleur would be optimal. Just make sure you don't get a 10-speed cassette.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I've got a dura-ace on my slalom bike and an ultegra on my dh, reliability is not an issue. The only cassettes Ive ever seen break are plastic s-rams and really cheap shimanos with huge low gears. You can run any old derailleur you want, but why wouldnt you want a short cage or road derailleur?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I have been running Ultegra on my DH bike all year. I held off on the Dura-ace for cost reasons.
I've come to love the tight gearing. It really bugs me to ride DH with a standard mountain cassette.