Quantcast

Can you still get Hadley Hubs in Gold

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i believe so. also black, red, silver. just have to call and ask.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
there are two kinds of gold.

Hadley's gold is more like Chris King gold (more on the yellow side) here is a pic of mine:

Then there is "Unreal Cycles Gold" which Ben asks Hadley to make it alittle darker. Here is another pic of mine showing the darker gold:

I learned the hard way. I thought gold was gold as far as Hadley was concerned. I bought a 20mm front Hadley from Unreal and then a gold 135mm x 12mm rear gold from Hadley via my LBS. I had two different color gold hubs. I wasnt happy cause I got to buy another 20mm front so that it would match.

that is the real scoop.

joel

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
Joel, all the gold Hadley hubs are now the same darker color. With the exception of silver and black, most small component makers have a tough time matching colors in the ano bath between batches.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
James | Go-Ride said:
Joel, all the gold Hadley hubs are now the same darker color. With the exception of silver and black, most small component makers have a tough time matching colors in the ano bath between batches.
i think it is the other way around. i just went thru this 2-3 weeks ago. at that time, the official gold was the lighter version.

HADLEY NEEDS A FVCKING WEBSITE !

Unreal

Chimp
Sep 26, 2001
Seattle, WA
Hey guys. Hadley hubs, the best damn hubs that are impossible to get. Got to love them though…

About the color… there is no special “unreal cycles gold” or anything like that. Most shops go through distributors for their Hadley hubs. I do that too sometimes, but distributors don’t do colors and they don’t offer all the axle options that my customers need. So I go strait to Hadley. Hadley had a batch of gold hubs where the color was off and they had to redo them all. I had no idea that they shipped some of them. That really sucks that some of you guys got two mismatched hubs.

Anytime you order a custom hub set from me, just ask and I’d be happy to check the hub pair for matching colors. It’s not a common problem, but apparently it is an issue to consider.

And as a side note… right now I got a nice pile of Hadley hubs in stock for the first time in months (they finally shipped more!)… anyone need some sick wheels?