Quantcast

Can you tell me anything about Forest Grove Oregon?

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm actually heading out there next week over the long weekend to visit my Aunt and Uncle. I'm packing my bike with me so I can hopefully get out and explore a ride or two since I'm bringing my family. Can any of you give me an idea of what I should go out and ride while I'm out there? I've got a 2014 Santa Cruz Heckler 27.5". I ride a few days a week of XC in Utah, and some DH. I can handle my own on black diamond trails, but I don't really want to ride any by myself. Also don't want to ride any trails that i'm gonna have to huck or die on. Jumps would be great as long as they aren't over 15-20 feet long.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
close to tillamook. Which means Ravens Ridge and a few other trails on the more aggressive DH side. dont know XC out that way, but head to BlackRock, Sandy Ridge. FG is about 30-40mins outside portland on the west side.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
For Black ROck and Sandy Ridge, are they trails that you have to shuttle to? Or do you do loops on it with your bike?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sandy has a paved road climb that kicks ass as far as road climbing goes. Sandy is about 45 minutes East of Portland though. The trails are good too. Never been to Blackrock but understand its a bunch of freeride style lines through the woods. I don't think any shuttling is required there either. It's south of Portland somewhere. All these places would be fun on your Heckler.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Cool. Thanks for the recommendations. I think where my Aunt lives (Forest Grove) is somewhere in betweent Portland and Tillamook. Should be East of Portland by about 35 minutes. Could be really close to that Sandy Ridge area.