Quantcast

Can you turn on 'Dat Phan' over there?

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Has anyone seen this guy on Comedy Central Presents/Last Comic Standing? It might just be 'cause I'm asian, but this guy is freaking hilarious.

Short example:
"I'm so jealous of other asians, you know they all have their own martial arts styles. My people, we don't have crap. Vietnam is the only country in Asia that does not have a martial art style of its own. Like, Koreans have Tai Kwon Do, Japanese people have Karate, my people, [stereotypical asian-english accent] 'crouching tiger, hidden acrylic right here, WWWSSHHHAAA! See that right there, that's the cuticle strike right there (get it? Vietnamese in beauty salons). You wanna mess with our people huh? You wanna mess with Vietnam? You wanna walk down a da'k alley, huh? We wax -- we bikini wax, we'll rip your pube off, WSSSHAAA!! We rip your pube off, throw it in your eye. Tear all of your hair out of the root [/stereotypical asian accent]"

If you happen to catch him on on a Friday-Night Standup deal, I'd say he's worth watching.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I don't think the fact that he only has the "Asian" bit makes him not funny. How much mileage did Foxworthy get out of his redneck stuff? Or that dude who says "git 'r done!" Or Yakov Smirnoff. Every comic has a bit they do. Rarely do you see one who is truly versatile. Hell, probably 80% of comic's bits are "I'm black and all this funny stuff happens in the ghetto".

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Comedy based on taking the piss out of someone or something never works for long. Unfortunately cheap shots are easier to take. You gotta know when to let it go, which is usually after the first time.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Echo said:
I don't think the fact that he only has the "Asian" bit makes him not funny. How much mileage did Foxworthy get out of his redneck stuff? Or that dude who says "git 'r done!" Or Yakov Smirnoff. Every comic has a bit they do. Rarely do you see one who is truly versatile. Hell, probably 80% of comic's bits are "I'm black and all this funny stuff happens in the ghetto".
But I don't like Jeff Foxworthy either......

Bill Cosby, Jerry Seinfeld et al (the true greats).....always diverse material......