Quantcast

Canada, Australia, Western Europe all better places to live than America..

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMike said:
Canada rocks. America sucks.... except for the services available on the internet, their cell service, and the fact that grocery stores are open 24-7...
america's cell service blows. i never dropped a call in europe, in about 8 different countries/places. i can barely use my mobile around where i live here, and Verizon is supposed to be one of the better networks, vis a vis coverage.

i love it when posts like this drag out the "america - love it or leave it" crowd.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
narlus said:
i love it when posts like this drag out the "america - love it or leave it" crowd.
That crowd is just lazy. If they were able to get off their asses it would be, "America - Love It or Change It!" or maybe, "change it BECAUSE you love it"...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Ciaran said:
That crowd is just lazy. If they were able to get off their asses it would be, "America - Love It or Change It!" or maybe, "change it BECAUSE you love it"...
or

"I voted for John Kerry because I care."

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I wonder how long before Fox News releases a story exposing the EIU and BBC as corrupt and biased. :rolleyes:

Sweet! Three in the top ten! Where's Tucker Carlson, I have some neener neerering to do. :eviltongu

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Vancouver was high on my list of places when I emigrated out of the UK. It's beautiful and right next to Whistler too! Lucky you if you live there. I love my city too.

Ah here we are:

Asia : The best and worst of both worlds
Alongside Canada, Australia is has some of the most liveable places in the world. Melbourne is ranked joint second overall with a rating of just 2%. Perth, Adelaide and Sydney join Zurich, Toronto and Calgary in joint 5th place with ratings of 3%. Just below this is Brisbane in joint 11th place. Elsewhere in the region cities in Japan, New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan all offer a good standard of living, with a humid climate bringing scores down slightly.
Wellington Rules.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Changleen said:
Vancouver was high on my list of places when I emigrated out of the UK. It's beautiful and right next to Whistler too! Lucky you if you live there. I love my city too.

Ah here we are:

Wellington Rules.
Cool. I think I'll move there. How's the weather? :sneaky:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
SkaredShtles said:
Cool. I think I'll move there. How's the weather? :sneaky:
Uh... Right this second it's pretty good...

Yeah, we do get more than our fair share of wind, and quite a bit of rain. Still, the wind makes the rain dry out super quick, and the riding is excellent. To a greater extent than nearly any other city I've lived in you don't have to worry about crime too much either. The big thing here is Earthquakes. Wellington is on a big fault line, just like SF.

http://www.geonet.org.nz/ Have a look at 'recent quakes'. We get quite a few... Everyone is constantly aware of the possibility of the 'big one', just like SF.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Ciaran said:
Too many people confuse bitching about America with hating America. I think America kicks ass, it just kinda sucks right now.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
partsbara said:
where is hermany on the list ??? :)

VB you a$$hole, whats up ???
Frankfurt is on the list mate. How's the wrist? Will the double overhand helicopter technique be making a comeback soon? :p ;)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
black noise said:
Too many people confuse bitching about America with hating America. I think America kicks ass, it just kinda sucks right now.
I agree. I complain about the current state of things but I love my country.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
MMike said:
Canada rocks. America sucks.... except for the services available on the internet, their cell service, and the fact that grocery stores are open 24-7...

Exactly right on all counts. GSM service in canada is great, only the costs are astronomical.

Also - the grocery store next to my house is open 24hrs..yeah!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
black noise said:

A bitching American citizen is a happy American citizen!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
RaID said:
wtf?

incedently they lost in the preliminary final :(

but damn, adelaide slipped a couple of places since last year, i gotta agree though Vancouver is pretty sweet to live in

Awww... I followed the Crows from 2000-2002. Still root for then when I can.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
black noise said:
Right on, yeah we have some problems, but so do most large poplous countries, most of "the whiners" suffer from the grass is always greener complex. Don't get me wrong Canada, Australia, and parts of Europe are nice, but I am content right here in the U.S.A..

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
Don't worry, the rain will grow on you and you'll actually miss the rain during the summer. BTW, the rain season just started and we're expecting the weather to clear up sometime in late April :D

SkaredShtles said:
Vancouver's a pretty nice place. If it wasn't for that abysmal weather for most of the winter.

I like sun. :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
PoserNewbie said:
Don't worry, the rain will grow on you and you'll actually miss the rain during the summer. BTW, the rain season just started and we're expecting the weather to clear up sometime in late April :D
I doubt that. I came from Michigan where the weather was either piss-poor or downright-$hitty.

I'm addicted to sun now. :D

Besides - I thought it was the *moss* that would grow on you. :p

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
N8 said:
A bitching American citizen is a happy American citizen!
Just because you do not have the solution to the problem, does not mean that you shouldn't point out the problem.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ciaran said:
I agree. I complain about the current state of things but I love my country.
People also confuse saying "X" place is great with saying "I don't think America is as good as 'X' place" and get way too spun up if someone thinks they're as good or better than America.

World's a big place, with LOTS of cool places to be and things to do and people to meet (and a bunch of really ****ty places to be, too). And I'm glad the US government is sending me around to see it all...

And most citizens of most countries bitch endlessly about their own government until a foreigner enters the conversation. Or until an Aussie baits them into frothery.

MD

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
MikeD said:
Or until an Aussie baits them into frothery.

MD
don t make me post a thread about the new soda machine on top of ayres rock biatch :)

answer ya fuggin e mail.... how long is ya next visit to hermany ??? i have my arm back... snowboarding in austria this weekend :)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
partsbara said:
don t make me post a thread about the new soda machine on top of ayres rock biatch :)

answer ya fuggin e mail.... how long is ya next visit to hermany ??? i have my arm back... snowboarding in austria this weekend :)
Check your PM...there's snow in Au already??? I could do that!!!

MD

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
YOU SUCK! And to think I was going to see if you wanted to pedal this weekend. Ahh, just as well, if gravity isnt with you, you cant pedal anyway...
Have fun boarding anyway