Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
:nuts:

That's for allowing DHG to bring up her RRICT again. :mad:

-S.S.-
I though we were in agreeance that it was not a theory but an analogy, ie the RRICA?

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
you people are looking too directly at the micheal jacksons ranch part suggestin the whole thing be a bit out of the same pie. if i thought all american were the same as that example odds are i wouldnt own the soundtrack either.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Bare Naked Ladies. That picture...collectively the worst hair I've seen in a week or so...

Last week's terrible hair sighting: Mine, after Supercuts.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I have said this before. We would agree to stop sending Celine and BNL to the states if you would agree to take back your crap rap and bling bling hiphop. If we can match those terms we might be able to work something out.

You can take you freaking money hungry devil lawyers back with you too :)

(on a side note big sugar blows. I tried listening to them so many times back in the day, everyone always said how great they were, never did see the reason)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Roasted said:
(on a side note big sugar blows. I tried listening to them so many times back in the day, everyone always said how great they were, never did see the reason)

You would have to see them live to "understand" Big Sugar. The CD's don't do them justice. 500 lbs (from 1993) is freakishly good. They got worse and worse as time went on..............

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
narlus said:
please, for the sake of humanity, never allow these to be exported ever again:
Agreed on all counts, and I would even like to apologize for a few more:
Shania Twain, Kim Mitchell, Nickelback, Glass Tiger (for that matter, any Canadian band that came out of the 80's;)), Len...
But we must not forget some of the greats that are ours to claim:
Neil Young, The Guess Who, SNFU, DOA, Ron Sexsmith; along with some lesser known but still pretty darn fun'uns such as Chixdiggit, Limblifter, Rascalz. Of course music is a subjective thing. After all, you might think they all suck too;) But at least we can't claim responsibility for Britney Spears, Mariah Carey and NSync. Aw, heck, who am I kidding? BNL takes the cake :D Unless you've heard of Moxy Fruvous. Trust me, even worse.

J

JRB

Drunken_Ninja said:
you people are looking too directly at the micheal jacksons ranch part suggestin the whole thing be a bit out of the same pie. if i thought all american were the same as that example odds are i wouldnt own the soundtrack either.
What the hell does this mean??? Welcome back, you are on your form again.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i can live w/o the Guess Who, but a pretty great/little-known canadian psych band called Simply Saucer was pretty good and deserves listing.

i never did see the fuss re: the Tragically Hip.

although i did see The Pursuit of Happiness live once.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Colin James is also and extremely under-rated guitar player. A Stevie Ray Vaughan disciple. Not a fan of the songs he writes himself, but damn he can play.

54-40 have a few good songs.

The hip... I don't know why.... but they are awesome. I can listen to Up To Here and Road Apples still to this day and enjoy it. I mean those albums came out in like '89 or something, and it doesn't "sound" dated. They are just great at staying....what's le mot juste.... relevant? And they are great live.

And I DESPISE Blue Rodeo.

poisonfrog

Chimp
Jun 11, 2002
big sugar is by far the loudest concerts i have ever heard. for the third time hearing them i had the sence to wear ear plugs. killer group, too bad they split.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
poisonfrog said:
big sugar is by far the loudest concerts i have ever heard. for the third time hearing them i had the sence to wear ear plugs. killer group, too bad they split.
louder than (regular) sugar?

btw, the loudest shows i've heard about were the dinosaur jr/my bloody valentine blowouts of the 90s...but i didn't attend.

poisonfrog

Chimp
Jun 11, 2002
not much chance i would ever go to a sugar concert so i don't know. i have seen "heavy" bands and non of them even touched how loud they were at the pheniox. i had the ringing for three days almost.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Yep. I saw Big Sugar 17 or 18 times. And I would wear ear plugs. I learned that the hard way. My ears were beyond ringing...they were hissing.

Crazy loud. I've seen people doubled over with their fingers in their ears....Well I'm assuming it was because of the volume.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
at one point, throbbing gristle was experimenting w/ low frequency sounds. their aim was to isolate and amplify the necessary frequency which would induce involuntarily peristalsis.

in other words, they wanted the audience to crap their pants.

:D

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
narlus said:
at one point, throbbing gristle was experimenting w/ low frequency sounds. their aim was to isolate and amplify the necessary frequency which would induce involuntarily peristalsis.

Then everyone would say "OOPS! I crapped my pants!"

J

JRB

Westy said:
Agreeance is an official word on RM. Why can't we all just be in agreeance.
Good rule, Westy. :thumb: I guess we'll drop punctuation too.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
narlus said:

I think it's 18 hz that causes the internal organs to vibrate inducing all sorts of gross things. We had a frequency generator in the studio at school that the teacher used to demonstrate this. No one threw up, but I definitely felt like I was going to.