Quantcast

Canada Cup,US National Championship, MSC UCI Points?

hickey00

Chimp
Jun 5, 2007
Anyone know how deep and how many UCI points go for events like the Canada Cups, US national championship, and MSC series?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
It depends on the event (how much prize money they have, calibre of competition, series, how many nationalities represented etc). There are different categories of UCI races (Cat 1, Cat 2 etc).

A national championship goes deeper (in general) than a national. One off events are usually less than a national unless they get special dispensation.

All events have to meet payout requirements to hit any level. To be level one you must have the highest payout level, which will net you the highest points allotment.

Then there is "Hors Categorie". This hasn't happened yet for any DH events.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
For the MSC:

Chile Challenge is a UCI C2 event for DH and 4X, and also the US Nat'l Champs for 4X
Blast the Mass is a UCI C1 event for DH and MX, also Colorado State Champs for 4X and possibly everything else.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Between all three of those races, it shouldnt be too hard to accumulate 20 points for a decent pro. Top 10 at chile challenge is tough, usually a pretty well attended race. You think that Norba and the UCI will have their act together enough to process the points from Vermont by the following wednesday for Mt. Saint Annne?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Between all three of those races, it shouldnt be too hard to accumulate 20 points for a decent pro. Top 10 at chile challenge is tough, usually a pretty well attended race. You think that Norba and the UCI will have their act together enough to process the points from Vermont by the following wednesday for Mt. Saint Annne?
There is a points deadline for World Cups. It is generally 3-4 weeks in advance of the event. I know they make exceptions though for national championships, as well as for olympic years so may be possible.

Don't count on points at a Canada Cup anymore. There is enough ridiculously fast Canadians to fill the top 10, and this year there will be more than a few special guests due to the race being on the new WC course.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
So it looks like NMBS events in Park City, Utah and Windham, New York are UCI Cat 1. http://www.pinnedmtb.com/nmbs08finals_brianhead.htm
I was under the impression that the US national championship was Cat 2. Does this make sense?
What UCI category will the Whiteface 5k race be?
I could be wrong about this but I am pretty sure that is for XC only. No points for DH in the NMBS.

Last I heard Whiteface 5K will probably not have points either. But I sure wish that it would.