Quantcast

Canada to possibly go to war against Denmark?

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Well we mine a well start preparing in the US because you know some how we will get involved to "make things right".

J

JRB

Jeremy R said:
The most surprising part about that article is that Canada has a Navy.
:stupid: I thought they just pretended to get mad. I certainly didn't think they had anything more than Mounties.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Doesn't the entire hubbub over that island center around the fact that while it's mostly uninhabited, it is a PRIME fishing area. I think I saw that on the Discovery Channel once. Eh, who knows.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I Are Baboon said:
Doesn't the entire hubbub over that island center around the fact that while it's mostly uninhabited, it is a PRIME fishing area. I think I saw that on the Discovery Channel once. Eh, who knows.

And more importantly off-shore oil rights. Both nations are trying to claim territorial waters so they can have rights to oil deposits. The US is claiming that they are international waters and will probably ignore whatever either nation comes up with and drill regardless.

EDIT: I should preface 'drill regardless' with 'if oil and natural gas are found the us will probably...'

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
jdschall said:
And more importantly off-shore oil rights. Both nations are trying to claim territorial waters so they can have rights to oil deposits. The US is claiming that they are international waters and will probably ignore whatever either nation comes up with and drill regardless.
What is this US drilling company you are talking about?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
DRB said:
What is this US drilling company you are talking about?

Read between the lines. It's all there.

"It is also believed that global warming is causing the rapid melting of the ice across the Arctic, and that could make the legendary North-West Passage linking the Atlantic and the Pacific passable for ships for the first time.

The US has already said it regards the passage as an international strait, not Canadian waters.

Russia, Norway and Denmark also have competing claims to the continental shelf and the natural resources such as gas and oil that may lie beneath the sea bed."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4175446.stm

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
So, like, will all the other countries form a circle around these two nerds and taunt them into a fight?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
LordOpie said:
So, like, will all the other countries form a circle around these two nerds and taunt them into a fight?
They just need to get them to meet in the playground after school. A dancefight might be more fitting for these guys.

Roachmeister

Chimp
Sep 13, 2001
Canada. Great White North
Well, at least, Canada is not killing and invading other countries for their own sick pleasure...The US would have sent 20,000 troops if it was actually worth a damn. Wait until they discover massive oil resources there, then you'll see the Mighty US Army come along...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Roachmeister said:
Well, at least, Canada is not killing and invading other countries for their own sick pleasure...The US would have sent 20,000 troops if it was actually worth a damn. Wait until they discover massive oil resources there, then you'll see the Mighty US Army come along...
Are you insinuating that we went into Iraq as a "war for oil"?

Then why the hell am I paying $2.78 a gallon for gas if we're pumping this cheap stuff out of there, huh? :mumble:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Roachmeister said:
:p

That's a pretty stupid comment.

If the US wanted middle eastern oil then we'd simply take over Kuwait or Qatar or Bahrain or Saudi Arabia since we already have we have tens of thousands of troops in 3 of of those countries already.

Some day perhaps you'll get it.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
N8 said:
:p

That's a pretty stupid comment.

If the US wanted middle eastern oil then we'd simply take over Kuwait or Qatar or Bahrain or Saudi Arabia since we already have we have tens of thousands of troops in 3 of of those countries already.

Some day perhaps you'll get it.
Possibly right after N8 gets it.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
jdschall said:
Read between the lines. It's all there.

"It is also believed that global warming is causing the rapid melting of the ice across the Arctic, and that could make the legendary North-West Passage linking the Atlantic and the Pacific passable for ships for the first time.

The US has already said it regards the passage as an international strait, not Canadian waters.

Russia, Norway and Denmark also have competing claims to the continental shelf and the natural resources such as gas and oil that may lie beneath the sea bed."
Since we're paying more for water these days than gas, claim that Ice! That's where the big $$$ is.