Quantcast

Canadian Monkeys - Online Shops

LAP

Chimp
Mar 5, 2016
Hey, random question, is there an Ontario monkey in Ste-Catharines? I'm looking for a rare part that a shop there seems to have. Poblem is they don't ship.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hey, random question, is there an Ontario monkey in Ste-Catharines? I'm looking for a rare part that a shop there seems to have. Poblem is they don't ship.
How rare? I am ordering a hitch for my car from a place down there, so will eventually need to go pick it up.

I could grab it, but I'm not exactly sure when that'll be yet.

LAP

Chimp
Mar 5, 2016
How rare? I am ordering a hitch for my car from a place down there, so will eventually need to go pick it up.

I could grab it, but I'm not exactly sure when that'll be yet.
Its a crown race for the 1-1/8 chris king headset on my road bike. They call it a "base plate". Shops around here don't carry it but they can order it for 72$ plus taxes and its gonna take 2-4 weeks to receive. That shop, Bike fit, sells it for 23$. I can't bring myself to pay 80$ for a crown race, especially that I'm absolutely not in a rush.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
15% on top of the existing 10% is starting to look a bit more appealing! Industry friend was saying wait a couple months if you can, serious serious supply glut in effect, so probably expect more and better deals.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@FlipFantasia this place is even cheaper than TBS for Shimano stuff.

20% site wide at the moment.

I'm going to order an XT cassette in the morning for $179.

LAP

Chimp
Mar 5, 2016
Legit

That's the online store of a small chain od stores all located around the greater Montreal area. They have daily deals and legit (for Canada) sitewide sales a few times a year. I use them regularly. One of their location is actually 3 blocks away from my home.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC

after tax both sites were within $5 of each other for XT cassette/chain/der...

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
@canadmos, thanks for the tip! I've been waiting for a sale on a OneUp bash guide. Just picked one up for 20% off from bicyclequilicot.com. Plus they got the PST right for BC (none on bike parts!), unlike some other Canadian shops outside of BC.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like Lama Cycles has a new website and more stuff to offer.

Also has a $50 discount code, if you sound more than $250.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Legit

That's the online store of a small chain od stores all located around the greater Montreal area. They have daily deals and legit (for Canada) sitewide sales a few times a year. I use them regularly. One of their location is actually 3 blocks away from my home.
I'm headed to St Catherines area tomorrow morning to pick up the new hitch for my car. Do you still need this? I could grab it for you.

LAP

Chimp
Mar 5, 2016
I'm headed to St Catherines area tomorrow morning to pick up the new hitch for my car. Do you still need this? I could grab it for you.
Just so other monkey don't think I'm an asshole, canadmos ended up discussing via Pm.

On another note, you can get Five ten freerider and freerider pro at 40% through adidas website using the code SAVINGS . Its a pretty good deal I find.

EDIT : Just realized that if you order something that is already 40% off, than you get another 40% off on top. Just ordered a pair of freerider pro for 68$...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Does anyone know of any sites like thelasthunt.com that offer discounted clothing?

I need to replace two pairs of shorts and don't want to blow $150 per pair. Clothing prices are nuts.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Does anyone know of any sites like thelasthunt.com that offer discounted clothing?

I need to replace two pairs of shorts and don't want to blow $150 per pair. Clothing prices are nuts.
Some options here for under $100:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Some options here for under $100:
Thanks, checking that out.

I also found that Jenson has some nice deals last night, especially on Specialized shorts. Up to 50-60% off. I have one pair of Specialized shorts and they are actually my favourite.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
if you can handle knock-offs and child labour (not that they're any different from the major players), have you had a look at Temu?

Also, let us know what you find. I'm looking for shorts for the boy, but also don't want to drop over $100...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Thanks, checking that out.

I also found that Jenson has some nice deals last night, especially on Specialized shorts. Up to 50-60% off. I have one pair of Specialized shorts and they are actually my favourite.
Let’s hope that 50% off isn’t wiped out by the import duty! I get dinged once in a while - maybe 1/4.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC

just picked up some 2022 Chromag Ambit's at their spring warehouse sale last friday, unfortunatley not available online, think they were like 65 bucks...I don't really trust ordering clothes online unless it's an item I actually know will fit from previous use.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Fortnine.ca has a bucnh of TLD shorts and pants at close to 50% off. I grabbed a few pairs last fall and they still have many sizes and colors. Free shipping over 49$ and simple 7$ pre-paid-label returns if you need to send something back. They ship quick too, usually I get my stuff in 2-3 days max (ships from Montreal).

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Fortnine.ca has a bucnh of TLD shorts and pants at close to 50% off. I grabbed a few pairs last fall and they still have many sizes and colors. Free shipping over 49$ and simple 7$ pre-paid-label returns if you need to send something back. They ship quick too, usually I get my stuff in 2-3 days max (ships from Montreal).
Fox shorts in black, $52 CAD seems like a good deal! https://fortnine.ca/en/fox-racing-ranger-mtb-shorts-2020

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
Anyone follow Fortnine.ca youtube for moto video's? Their content kills it. Would be good to see them branch into mtb video review content.

Also their hidden bunker is a back alley just off 1st St in North Van down the street from Sram's once hidden bunker now major office/service center.

Mtb and deals related, I work for the Canadian distributor for Deuter and we sell customer direct. If anyone is looking for a backpack be it bike, hike, or other I can hook you up. 30% off for Cad Monkeys.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Mtb and deals related, I work for the Canadian distributor for Deuter and we sell customer direct. If anyone is looking for a backpack be it bike, hike, or other I can hook you up. 30% off for Cad Monkeys.
Noted, thanks! I just bought a Patagonia Descensionist 32L backpack that I don't like and couldn't return since I cut an internal divider to make it better. It's heavy, has a not-ventilated back, has a weirdly seperated main pocket, too small strap pockets to put anything in, awkward sizing/fit/length, and the fact that it has no side pockets to put a bottle ends up bugging me. My main choice was a Deuter Futura 27 (or the new Trail Pro 33) that I couldn't find anywhere in stock at the time. I might poke you if the green colorway comes back in stock and if I can stomach another 200$ backpack for commuting :wacko: For days when I don't need to carry much, my Deuter Gogo is great though!

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Picked up two pairs of Fox Ranger shorts from Fortnine for $110ish total, with tax. Will try these out vs being stuck with whatever I would have ordered from Jenson, if it didn't fit.

I don't remember the option on my previous order from them, but it let me choose between Purolator Ground and Canada Post Expedited. Went with Purolator, as Canada Post has been super slow recently getting stuff to the house - often missing the expected delivery date.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I finally pulled the trigger on some shorts for the boy: Troy Lee Youth Skylines for $45 ain't too shabby. Almost bought the Fox Ranger WP shorts for $43 until I realized they have a waterproof bum. But they had them in my size, so picked up a pair for me! Plus some Thor gloves for the little guy (he's going to love the name!) and some chains for my bike (SRAM X1), and the boy's (Deore).

I did a bit of searching and couldn't find better prices. My lbs didn't have the X1 chain, or shorts for the boy, so I'm pretty stoked on the finds. thanks for the rec'd.

Last edited:

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
PSA for those who might have a tall nose like me : it's hard to find goggles that fit well, but reading reviews and cheking some models online, the Oakley Front Line seems to be less tall than other, so easier to fit in a helmet without pushing down on your nose. Sitting in my Leatt 1.0 DH helmet, the Leatt Velocity 4.0 would go up almost into my eyes because of my damn nose. The 100% Accuri (v1) are better, but I'm still looking to get better breathing if possible.

Oakley goggles are super expensive, but they have many Front line at 50% off so I grabbed the funky-looking TLD collab ones : https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/product/W0OO7087M?variant=888392556189
84$ instead of 168$ (even at 84$ that was maxing my budget).

I'll get back with tall-nose fitment if some monkeys are interested.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Almost bought the Fox Ranger WP shorts for $43 until I realized they have a waterproof bum. But they had them in my size, so picked up a pair for me!
I just got my shorts and also picked up one of these Ranger shorts with the waterproof backside. Should have got two! Not bad for $40. I also got the regular Ranger shorts for a few dollars more, but didn't realize they came with a liner. Also not bad! Those regular shorts have a slightly thicker fabric though.

Only strange thing about these shorts is that there is a single button on the waste, but no zipper or second button.

Stoked on having new shorts. I always wear mine right down into the ground, as its hard to find good ones for this cheap sometimes.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I just got my shorts and also picked up one of these Ranger shorts with the waterproof backside. Should have got two! Not bad for $40. I also got the regular Ranger shorts for a few dollars more, but didn't realize they came with a liner. Also not bad! Those regular shorts have a slightly thicker fabric though.

Only strange thing about these shorts is that there is a single button on the waste, but no zipper or second button.

Stoked on having new shorts. I always wear mine right down into the ground, as its hard to find good ones for this cheap sometimes.
I've recently had good luck on Last Hunt for some FastHouse shorts and gloves.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
FYI, Mec has some sort of sale going on at the moment.

Added some Scratch Labs hydration powder and Clifbloks to my shopping cart and found a wonderful discount.

They also have Continental Kryptotals for $85, though I can't really tell what version they are.