Quantcast

Canadian Monkeys - Online Shops

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
FYI, Mec has some sort of sale going on at the moment.

Added some Scratch Labs hydration powder and Clifbloks to my shopping cart and found a wonderful discount.

They also have Continental Kryptotals for $85, though I can't really tell what version they are.

Trail casing, Endurance compound by the looks of it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mec still has a sale or something going on. 30% off some tires (which were high to begin with)

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Bicicletta.cc are closing and have some great deals too. I grabbed some items at like 75%off this weekend but now there are only slim pickings it seems. They seem to change prices once every few days so they might add some items to their sale.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I'm guessing they didn't give you a small bubble enveloppe or box either!! :disgust: Next time order it online, that'll show them!

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I got a nice sticker too in my last order from them.

I'd be happy to get no stickers and 3 Jolly Ranchers next time. :)

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Thats the best part about ordering from zee Germans. Not only cheap tyres and parts but they chuck in Haribo gummy bears.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Thats the best part about ordering from zee Germans. Not only cheap tyres and parts but they chuck in Haribo gummy bears.
How could anyone like Haribos? I brought some for my wife and kid in my last trip, and their first reaction was "you could probably stuff some running shoes with these and win a marathon". They're hard AF and when you compare them with our local variety of gummy candy they're almost flavorless.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
How could anyone like Haribos? I brought some for my wife and kid in my last trip, and their first reaction was "you could probably stuff some running shoes with these and win a marathon". They're hard AF and when you compare them with our local variety of gummy candy they're almost flavorless.
Yeah they're not to my taste but hey - free candy and I didn't even have to get in a van

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
you can delete your account right here and now. that‘s blasphemy!

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
You guys must have pissed off the gods.
Every one of the bonus Haribo gummies that zee Germans have dropped in my box have been appropriately squishy. We have actually commented that they are softer than ones we have picked up at the local grocer.

Just jinxed myself. Next ones will definitely be the consistency of a bottom out bumper.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
some slamming deals @ bicicletta currently. picked up a couple assegais & a dissector @ $45 /ea & some other bits & bobs at 1/2 price or less. guess they're keen to clear out inventory. stuff is moving fast, however; a couple items sold out while sitting in my cart.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Just picked up 2 Assegais for my brother, 3 XT M8100 chains (33$ each), a spare M6100 cassette for 70$, spare M7100 shifter for 30$... they just added a lot of Shimano stuff at 50% off so it's worth looking if you need anything!

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
5-10's on sale.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
If you are in Canada and like the colorways, there are still a few popular sizes of the Leatt 2.0 flat shoes from them direct (50% off at 70$) :

I got two pairs and I love them more than my Impact Pros I think. Totally different feel, but I feel they're easier to reposition on the pedals than the Impacts and so much more comfortable. Maybe the Leatts feel a bit less "planted", but the absorb a bit more chatter with the more cushioned sole. I find the Trailcross too narrow and the Leatts fit nicely wide feet.

I wear 10.5 in the Leatts and 10.5 in the Impact Pros FWIW.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
30% discount + free cap + free shipping over 100$ at Akta for their 1st year anniversary.

I have their trail shorts and trail pants and they are great. I heard great things about their knee pads too. Worth checking them out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Has anyone purchased anything from this place?

Did some minor googling and it seems real, people have ordered and then received product. With the added pleasure of import and duties.

Just seems sketch. A German outfit specifically targeting and impersonating a Canadian-like site.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Has anyone purchased anything from this place?

Did some minor googling and it seems real, people have ordered and then received product. With the added pleasure of import and duties.

Just seems sketch. A German outfit specifically targeting and impersonating a Canadian-like site.
I got a pair of ski bindings from the European site.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
If you are in Canada and like the colorways, there are still a few popular sizes of the Leatt 2.0 flat shoes from them direct (50% off at 70$) :

I got two pairs and I love them more than my Impact Pros I think. Totally different feel, but I feel they're easier to reposition on the pedals than the Impacts and so much more comfortable. Maybe the Leatts feel a bit less "planted", but the absorb a bit more chatter with the more cushioned sole. I find the Trailcross too narrow and the Leatts fit nicely wide feet.

I wear 10.5 in the Leatts and 10.5 in the Impact Pros FWIW.
Thanks for the comparison, I'm always looking for alternatives to my Impact Pros (in terms of fit and grip). I've got really wide mid-foot, and the Impact is the widest MTB shoe I've found by a large margin. Like, to me the Freerider Pros are borderline too narrow, and everyone else talks about how wide they are. I haven't tried the Leatts yet - next on my list are a pair of Roost DH (their size calc says I wear a 10.3 in those instead of my normal 9.5), then maybe Giro Latch.