Quantcast

Canadian Tax Help?

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Ive got a quick question about doing a Canadian Tax Return

I worked all last tax year in Canada, now im back in Aus and want to get my hard earned money back that the government took.

Anyway, Ive decided to do it myself since when I got a quote for one of the tax return places on the internet they were going to charge my about $350CAD for their services which i consider a bit too steep. Especially when you couldnt have a more straight forward tax return then mine.

Ive filled out all the forms and want to send it off to the Canadian Tax Office.

Do I have to include original copies of my T4 forms with my tax return along with my claim?

Thanks for your help

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yes you have to send the original copy.

BTW, US resident got it easy... some of us (not me:cool: ) have to give up to 45% of their salary in income taxe....

So a dude who makes 100k a year only got around 55k in is pocket in the end.... And I'm not even talking about that 15% sales taxe... :dead:

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Jozz said:

BTW, US resident got it easy... some of us (not me:cool: ) have to give up to 45% of their salary in income taxe....

So a dude who makes 100k a year only got around 55k in is pocket in the end.... And I'm not even talking about that 15% sales taxe... :dead:
cheers, yeh its roughly the same down under once you start climbing the income brackets

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Jozz said:

Holy Crap! I thought the US was bad!