Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Repubs only are fielding better candidates

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
(Sorry, third parties and Indies, I'm just talking about the two main parties...)

Some idiot in another forum posted...
The candidate pool has me more scared than at any other time in my voting life. I am strongly considering just not exercising my suffrage right this go around.
To me, that's one of the most ignorant statements ever, but who knows, maybe you agree?

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Maybe it's because of my general lack of voting experience because I'm young or a general malaise brought on by recent years in politics, but there isn't a candidate that stands out to me. I've spent time looking into the potentials and I have a couple of ideas as to what decision I might make, but I don't see as much potential in these candidates to perform as well as decent politicians in the past have. I'm tired of hearing comparisons between so and so and Reagan or Kennedy. IMO, none of them seem to be outstanding people for the most part.

**and, yes, I realize they're politicians.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
(Sorry, third parties and Indies, I'm just talking about the two main parties...)

Some idiot in another forum posted...
To me, that's one of the most ignorant statements ever, but who knows, maybe you agree?
Stop underlining everything in your goddamn posts you fvcking homo.

(I mean that in the nicest way possible)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Maybe it's because of my general lack of voting experience because I'm young or a general malaise brought on by recent years in politics, but there isn't a candidate that stands out to me.
Welcome to every election, ever.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Maybe it's because of my general lack of voting experience because ...
Wait, are you saying you voted that both parties are worse than 2004?

I understand that you're not happy, but are you saying...

Bush > McCain or Romney ?
Kerry > Obama or Clinton ?

Stop underlining everything in your goddamn posts you fvcking homo.

(I mean that in the nicest way possible)
no.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Well, I understood that well before anyone announced candidacy, but I thought that someone would, at the very least, spike an interest and give me a reason to vote for them. Instead, I find myself making a defensive decision based upon a variety of reasons (I'm not voting solely in an attempt to keep someone else out of office) and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Instead, I find myself making a defensive decision based upon a variety of reasons (I'm not voting solely in an attempt to keep someone else out of office) and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

:D

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas

Wait, are you saying you voted that both parties are worse than 2004?

I understand that you're not happy, but are you saying...

Bush > McCain or Romney ?
Kerry > Obama or Clinton ?

The poll said 2004 or another period. 2004 was worse, IMO. Possibly my political histories are incorrect or I just have a lack of education on the subject, but it has been douche or turd sandwich to the extreme for a while now.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Well, I understood that well before anyone announced candidacy, but I thought that someone would, at the very least, spike an interest and give me a reason to vote for them. Instead, I find myself making a defensive decision based upon a variety of reasons (I'm not voting solely in an attempt to keep someone else out of office) and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Answer question above please :)

As for voting, this is a perfect year to vote third-party/independent. So vote FOR whomever you want.

Underlined for H8R.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
The poll said 2004 or another period. 2004 was worse, IMO. Possibly my political histories are incorrect or I just have a lack of education on the subject, but it has been douche or turd sandwich to the extreme for a while now.
Ah, I asked the question wrong then :)

I was asking if this is the worst pool EVER. Frankly, I can't see how anyone thinks 2004 is better than this time around.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As stated in the "other" forum, I like McCain if he were 15 years younger.

I don't like Mitt at all. Clinton isn't bad, but to be honest, I think we as a nation lose credibility with a woman leader in the Middle East and we are having a hard enough time as it is.

I think Obama would be the best choice overall, but clearly "anything but Bush" is a top priority. As much as I don't like Mitt, I have a feeling he can't do worse than W.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
...I think we as a nation lose credibility with a woman leader in the Middle East and we are having a hard enough time as it is.
Aren't women in power repected there?

I always thought that the Queen, Margaret Thatcher, Condi Rice, Madeline Albright and similar commanded a great deal of respect and got done any job in foreign diplomacy/policy as well as anyone could've?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Aren't women in power repected there?

I always thought that the Queen, Margaret Thatcher, Condi Rice, Madeline Albright and similar commanded a great deal of respect and got done any job in foreign diplomacy/policy as well as anyone could've?
Overall I agree, but I think as bad a public image that we have now would only be worsened.

I see Bin Laden rolling his eyes and saying "Look, look, now they've elected a woman! Hahaha".

I could be wrong.