Quantcast

Cane Creek DB AIR Oil leak???

schwinnstr8

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
East Los
Has anyone else experience a small oil leak like this?
CCDB_Air_Leak.png

I contacted Cane Creek...they told me that it should be okay and it should go away (kind of a breaking-in and the extra oil will seep out).:confused:

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Not shock e-engineer, but I do know the suspension dept at cane creek aren't known fir bullsh*ting people. Is it brand new?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
You could just tighten the screw a little in case it's loose, and then worry about it if it's still leaking after wiping it clean again.

Looks like a normal Torx head (if it has a little raised piece in the center it's a security head, you can still get drivers/bits for them).

4gnegative

Chimp
Sep 10, 2010
Orange Curtain
It is possible for a little oil to weep out initially but yeah if the problem doesn't go away after a few more rides than I would contact them again.

MCCOYBOY

Chimp
Aug 14, 2011
The screw is a bleed port for the shock that is used when vacuum filling the shock during rebuilds. I would try to tighten it but don't over do it because it's only a 5mm bolt. There is an o-ring on the screw that seals it to the shock body, I would wipe the oil residue away and ride it. If anymore oil seeps from the area there is a problem. The other problem is if the oil was in fact pushed out then the nitrogen/air pressure will have been lowered and could cause cavitation if it dropped to much.