Quantcast

Cane creek Helm

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Just got a price drop.

I kind of want one.

Anyone riding one, or is everyone saving up for a message?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I'm looking at building a new <gasp! 29r> trail bike this winter. (120-135mm area)
I want coil on both ends.

Helm is at the top of the list, as is the Ribbon.

Am interested in real people ride reports, as what I find from the review sites is that it is a bit heavily damped but opens up very nicely with some speed / aggression. So, what I want to know is how bad it sucks when you are dealing with slow speed root fests and more tech. No good if it is great at warp speed, but turns into a useless pogo stick as you are trying to get to the warp speed bits....

Part of me thinks about buying a decent 36 chassis, dropping in an Avalanche cart and either an Ava or Push coil conversion.

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden
I have one, and one of my really fast friends sold his 36 and got one.

I like it, I can get it better to my liking then the Lyrik it replaced.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
People buy Ceterlock hubs by choice? I thought the only ones that existed were the ones that came on built bikes.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Bump. Feedback on the Helm?
Went with one on my Pistol, nearly perfect fork IMHO. Only issue, which I haven’t bothered to really look into, is that the HSC knob doesn’t stay where you set it. Other than that, it’s super supple, the little air volume adjuster thingy is handy, the QR axle is about 5mm smaller than it should be, but the mechanism works well and most importantly it looks cool.