Quantcast

Canfield Brothers One-Diggle

I started with a Canfield "One' , during a ride i find the forks are coming into contact with the frame giving me about 45* of turn, a real balls up that should never have been let loose on the public, i understand now that all small and medium have the problem.

Any way, i bolted a Can Diggle front end on and i am away, the bike rides great, very different to Jedi i had but a great do all bike at 36lbs

The links came green and i hit them with a little paint stripper, just going to leave them bare for now.

Attachments

Have you tried to fit tall crown race? Also, what headset are you using?
the tall race will only sort the large, and medium with some fork combo's

i'm on a small and there is no "fix" - this from the Canfield Brothers them selves.

i'm totally stoked on the ride, a shame for the Brothers that they didn't pay attention to this part of the bike

Last edited:

Evil Sylvain

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Montreal, QC, Canada
I love my One (L) with Talas 36RC2 and Can-Diggle (M) with Marzo 66 ATA. No issue with the fork hitting the downtube. Both pedal great in small and middle chainring. Climbing is no issue either standing up or sitting. As much as I loved my 575 it was much better in the middle chainring and climbing was done seated preferably.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I love my One (L) with Talas 36RC2 and Can-Diggle (M) with Marzo 66 ATA. No issue with the fork hitting the downtube. Both pedal great in small and middle chainring. Climbing is no issue either standing up or sitting. As much as I loved my 575 it was much better in the middle chainring and climbing was done seated preferably.
Two canfields now in the stable!? Nice! :monkeydance:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I don't know that i ever really turn my front wheel more than 45 degrees, even on my trail bike.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
That sucks. Yeah, i guess when i crash the bars will turn. Just seems like we don't have that many super tight turns around here i guess.
I'm looking at the ONE frame. I'd ride a large. how do you like it?

Evil Sylvain

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Montreal, QC, Canada
That sucks. Yeah, i guess when i crash the bars will turn. Just seems like we don't have that many super tight turns around here i guess.
I like mine. I can do 6' drops with it (although not that often!) or ride technical singletracks and follow my friends with their 575 up or down. My build is 32.1lbs with a DHX5.0 with titanium coil. I have a Talas 36RC2 and use it at either 130 or 160mm depending on the type of trail. 100mm is pretty much useless.

I have added the stiffer lower link and it improves the quality of the ride even more. Ask for it if you order one.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
Just buy it Lepp.
DO it do it.
I just got a Jedi and it is so much fun
VM

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
i wish i could just buy one. But i'm getting married in 3 weeks. Gonna be broke for a bit. MIght have to auction off some stuff. I'm actually thinking of selling my DH bike. don't ride it much lately. And i've been doing a lot more xc stuff. I'd like a bike that'll do it all so i can cut down on the collection.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
I would say the Can Diggle but they are out of the large for now. A One with a RC4 would do the trick. They are very cool bikes for sure.
VM

I've spent a bit of time on the Diggle now and it's a top little bike, can take pretty much anything i throw at it and pedals around with ease

A great "do all" bike really, i'm stoked with the build quality and with the ano finish - very hard to scratch

just get One, easier to ask for forgiveness then permission :)

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm debating what i'm going to do. Those frames cost a lot of $$. I gotta figure see what my $$ looks like after i get married next month.