Quantcast

Canfield Brothers World Cup?

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
Maybe Lance will chime in. All I know is that he mentioned it in that other thread. If they get the geometry dialed and keep the weight decent I would for sure be interested in this bike.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
It is being designed right now. It has all the pivots and such worked out. Now I'm just getting drawings and tube set finalized. This bike won't be available this year but Chris will be on a proto for the World Cup season. It will be light and have a radically rearward wheel path.

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
flymybike said:
It is being designed right now. It has all the pivots and such worked out. Now I'm just getting drawings and tube set finalized. This bike won't be available this year but Chris will be on a proto for the World Cup season. It will be light and have a radically rearward wheel path.

I like the idea of the rearward axle path for control through chunky terrain, but wonder about the disadvantages of a longer wheelbase when loading the suspension into corners. What are your thoughts on this?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Kanter said:
He said "Chris will be on a proto for the World Cup season"
ughh

well ill have to break out the old "english is my third language" again then

anyways, guys might want to check out the race im staging here in february as its the easiest way to get those uci points (20 deep) before the WC season since sea otter seemingly only has points in XC.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
flymybike said:

moreso than the F1?

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Yea more than the F1. All I can say is that it won't feel like a long wheel base. It's a new Canfield style bike, all new. Sickness in the works. Sorry, thats all for now. More when we have a proto.