Quantcast

Cannon Beach/Manzanita Area Rides

LMO

Chimp
Sep 1, 2005
Redmond, WA
I'm heading to Cannon Beach/Manzanita OR this weekend for a family gig. I would like to find a good trail around this area to ride. If anyone can give me the 411 on where to go I would be very appreciative. Thanks.

Lance

LIPS

Chimp
Jul 19, 2005
Portland
My parents live in Manzanita. When ever I ride out there I drive North past shortsands/ Oswald west state park to the next road that goes to the left. I think it's Falcon cove, but I could be wrong. Anyways if you turn down this road and look to your left as you drive you'll see a single track that will run parellel to the highway. This single track will take you back south towards Shortsands. It's an out and back. With no manmade obsticals, but I like it anyways. Another option is to drive north from Manzanita. When you get up on the mountain look for the turnout with the hiking sign. This trail will take you up the face of Neakanie mountain. Its all climb with about 1500 switch backs but the payoff (if the weather is good) is that the view is great. Again no manmade obsticals unless you count the benchs along the way. I don't know of any real freeride trails out there but I'd like to find some, so if any one knows of any please share the wealth! Hope this helps.

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
check out Norms Trail if aint too far from CB for ya...

http://www.dirtworld.com/trails/trail.asp?id=3042&trail_name=Norm's%20Trails%20Mountain%20Bike%20Trail

LIPS

Chimp
Jul 19, 2005
Portland
Norm's stuff is killer fun (and about 3 miles from my in-laws) If you dont mind driving to Astoria. Go all the way trough town, follow highway 30 untill you come to Clairmont. Turn right and follow this road untill you pass the "bus turn around" sign. Parking will be at the next right hand turn. There's a mailbox with trail maps in it. Some of his stuff is sketchy but the place is beautiful to ride in. Did I mention it gets me out of my inlaws house! Norms house is the one with the goats and the donkey on your way to the trail head if you see him stop and thank him for all his hard work!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
We once met some crazy coast kids at a race a few years back that said they had some stunts on Neakanie Mt. . Dont know where... but maybe mikes bikes in cannon beach could be a starting place. If i lived on the coast again i'd be all over pirate trails. There is so much good land down there, and not many people that would care about building... unlike the areas around the seattle metro area. We used to poach the trail over tillamook head from seaside to cannon, and also some of the hiking trails around shortsands ( oswald West). Norms also sounds fun from what ive read...

PS, that link didnt work well...

try this.. http://www.dirtworld.com/trails/trail.asp?id=3042&trail_name=Norm's Trails Mountain Bike Trail