Quantcast

Cannondale 2011: The Jekyll is back!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
am i crazy for actually want of these now? ive been trying to get a demo from our rep but to no avail yet.
its got the geometry i want, the travel i want, but im skeptical about the shock. the BB30 would require a adapter to work for my current cranks too (if its available).

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Exactly while i'm leary of the design.
Doesn't Highland have C-dale bikes this year?
they are pretty good with their warranties but id rather not have to test that out. and i mean a company wouldnt release something that is a absolute turd in today's market would they?

they do have Cdale but only the long travel Claymore

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I demoed a carbon one at the Vermont Mountain Bike festival last weekend. They had a great loop to test it out. A crazy steep 1/1 fireroad climb followed by a techy ST climb and and fast ST descent. The bike was awesome! It climbed with no bob and felt very stiff. On the way down it felt bottomless, seemed to track perfectly, and was super smooth. Those monster pivots make for a rock solid rear end. Very impressive. But for $4,250 it better be! They also had a $8k Ultimate (24lbs!) but it was out. Oh and all the bikes were taken out of the box and built up that morning so no word on durability. But I wouldn't worry about the shock. Cannondale seems to be betting the farm on this bike. They got rid of the Moto and Rize 140 to make room for this bike.

Last edited:

sved

Chimp
Mar 14, 2012
have a 2012 claymore L and love it ...but it needs some upsizing...sadly the 2011 XL claymores are next to impossible to find...have been looking since may 2011...still looking

just to be fair @ over 230 travel weight and a riding 10-30 m off road steep downhills w/ razor tooth like rock protrusions scares the heck out of every hardtail or even casual trail bike...the claymore eats up the trail and asks for more...the paint job and colorway of the 2011 looks great in the shop...but the 2012 looks great even after taking a pounding on the trails for 6 hours straight... a true enduro dream...to think I almost went with a specialized 29er instead of this....Ha

Last edited: